1

10 years ago

I climbed up our secret clubhouse and took in the beautiful view of the backyard. The wind blew in my hair and the sun shined so bright in the sky. Everything in the world didn't matter in that moment. I went inside the tree house once I heard my mom calling my name. She was looking for me and I didn't want to be found, especially by her. I didn't want to think about the news that was just sprung on me. Our tree house door opens revealing the only person I share it with.

"I thought I'd find you up here." he said taking a seat next to me on the floor.

"Well I can't go anywhere else, or someone would find me."

He looked confused and laughed before saying, "I just found you silly." I giggled a little.

"You know what I mean." I said lightly hitting his arm.

He chuckled and laid down on his back looking up at the sky. I stretched out my legs and did the same. This was the coolest part of the tree house because it didn't have a roof. We just knew that when it rained we had to cover it with a square shaped piece of wood.

"Do you really have to go?" I asked hoping that he would change his mind.

"Yeah I do, my mom has a new job position back in London, I plan on auditioning for X Factor, and it's my hometown." he said making tears come to my eyes. I didn't want him to see me cry, but I couldn't help it.

"I wish you could stay." I said in between sobs. He sat up causing me to sit up.

"Don't cry Alissa, you can call me anytime and I'll come visit. My mom already arranged it with her job." He pulled me in for a hug an his chin rested on my head since he was taller than me. In that moment I wish I could freeze time.

End of Flashback

I come out of the bathroom with my hair in a messy bun and a robe on over my pajamas. I go sit down on my bed and checked my notifications on my phone. I had 20 text messages and 8 missed calls from Zayn. Geez how long was I in the bathroom. I quickly called him back hoping he would answer. He answered on the second ring.

"Have you forgotten what today is?" he asked almost yelling into the phone.

"Yes, could you please remind me what today is." I said knowing he would soon become irritated.

"Haha very funny, I'm so nervous. What if I forget the words." he said sounding very serious. I was a little worried for him myself.

"You'll be fine, just act like I'm there with you and I'm in the audience." He took a deep breath and I knew he was nodding his head even though I couldn't see him.

"Your right, thanks Ally." I smiled thinking back to when he first called me that nickname.

"No problem Zaynie, you talked to your mom?" I put him on speaker and started making up my bed.

"Yeah, she gave me plenty words of encouragement." I laughed knowing Tricia can go overboard.

"Good, just relax and try to feel at home." I said propping my pillows up against the headboard.

"Thanks again Ally, I've got to go now. Love you and I'll call you back when I can." I walked back over to my nightstand to retrieve my phone.

"Okay, Love you too Zaynie. Good Luck." Our phone call came to an end and I got ready for the day. I got in the shower, did my hair, and made sure everything was perfect for when I leave for my flight to London.