Chapter Twenty-Three (FINALLY)

I DID IT! So for the very long wait, chapter 23 has finally arrived, with a little surprise inside. 😊😊😊😊Also, don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

ENJOY!

~Bre

Vasilisa~

After Malcolm and I put Miharu and Tobari in stalls in the stables, leaving them to munch on some hay and oats, we walked back to the castle, holding hands.

"You scared me when you collapsed, I thought you were going to die." Malcolm whispered, squeezing my hand a bit tighter.

"Well I'm still here aren't I? I won't be leaving this world until you decide to pass on to the immortal world with me." I said, returning the hand squeezing to Malcolm.

As we entered the castle, I could hear screaming coming down one of the hallways. It sounded like Amber.

Then, running straight around a corner, Amber appeared, screaming her head off, and raced behind me, trying to hide.

"Amber! I won't hurt you!" Damon yelled, coming around the corner himself, looking for Amber.

Damon stopped, continuing to look around for Amber, until he noticed someone was behind me.

"Sil, can you please tell Amber I won't hurt her? I only want to hug her, not strangle her like she thinks I will." Damon said desperately.

I turned around, seeing Amber in a crouch behind me. She looked up at me pleadingly.

"Sil, no. He hurt you, that means he'll hurt me." Amber said, eyeing Damon behind me.

"He didn't mean to, besides, I'm not his mate, has Malcolm ever hurt me?" I asked her.

"No... but Damon has." Amber said.

"But he's not my mate. Your mate will not hurt you." I said to her.

Then, she slowly walked past me, standing in front of Damon, lowering her head toward the ground.

"Fine, you can hug me." Amber mumbled, and within an instant, Damon's arms swallowed her up, wrapping themselves affectionately around Amber. Damon put his chin on top of Amber's head, swaying side to side. Amber's arms slowly wrapped themselves around Damon's waist, trembling as they did so.

My work here is done.

"Come on, Malcolm. I would like to take a shower. I feel rather disgusting." I muttered, making my way toward the large staircase. Malcolm's footsteps pounded against the ground, the stairs shaking slightly.

When we reached our bedroom, I headed straight for the bathroom, the dirt and grime covering me was starting to get on my nerves.

"Can I join you?" Malcolm asked me sheepishly.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Sure." I muttered, loud enough for him to hear me.

Malcolm trailed me to the bathroom, closing the door behind us. As I removed my clothes covered in dirt, I felt a pair of eyes resting on me.

Turning around, Malcolm had already undressed, and was staring at my unclothed body.

"You're beautiful." Malcolm whispered.

A smile grew on my face, and I turned on the bathtub's water faucet. Steam rose from the bathtub and I added a bath bomb to the water, causing it to fizz and bubble. I stepped in, sitting down in the warm, relaxing water. Malcolm followed suit, sitting opposite from me.

Malcolm and I stared at each other, unsure of what to do, until Malcolm closed the space between us, capturing my lips with his. His lips were soft, and tasted of fruit. He pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around me, and rested his back against the edge of the bathtub, with me resting against him. Looking up at him, I kissed his jawline.

"I missed seeing you and your beautiful face." I whispered, looking up at his blue eyes and meeting his gaze.

Malcolm chuckled.

"Not as much as me, I can reassure you that."

I pulled away from him, turning my body so I could see him face to face.

"How did you figure it out? How to wake me up, I mean." I asked.

Malcolm looked down at me.

"Your maids that you had back in Damon's castle were actually fairies. Apparently they have been alive so long that over 2,000 years ago, they wrote the story Sleeping Beauty, but the true story is much different than the one they wrote. But that's for another time.

So, the only way I could wake you up, was to mark you, and I did just that." Malcolm explained.

I nodded my head, yawning as I did so.

"I'm going to go to bed now, even though I've been asleep for many weeks." Standing up in the bath, I grabbed towels for my hair and my body, walking to my dresser.

Malcolm followed me out, with a towel wrapped around his waist.

As I got into my pajamas and headed toward my bed, Malcolm's voice stopped me.

"Come to my room."

I paused, turning around to face him.

"Alright."

I fell asleep that night, snuggled up in his bed, with his comforting arms wrapped around me.

YAY! Damon and Amber are starting to form, and Malcolm and Vasilisa have been reunited once more. Please comment down below with possible ship names for Damon & Amber and Malcolm & Vasilisa! ~Bre