Chapter Eight

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Waking up to the sound of birds chirping, and the bright light of the morning sun, I realized that I wasn't in a hospital bed anymore. I was back in my room, with no rotten food and spilt drinks on the floor. I sat up, and noticed that the hospital bracelet was no longer dangling on my thin wrist. 

Deciding whether or not I should try standing made me feel nervous. My curiosity decided my choice, and I pulled the covers away from my body, noticing that I wasn't wearing a hospital gown either. I had an American Eagle t-shirt and Adidas black shorts on. I swung my legs over the side of the bed, and placed one foot on the floor. Slowly, I placed my other foot on the floor, and proceeded to stand. 

Shockingly, my legs didn't buckle, and I started to take a step toward the door, when I lost my balance, and the floor came rushing up toward me. I hit the floor with a thud, and I groaned. Great, I can't walk, but at least I can stand. I could hear running footsteps toward my door, and the door burst open, revealing a scared-to-death Amber. 

"Sil! Are you okay?!" Amber exclaimed, running to me, and started pulling me up. 

I groaned, chiding gently, "I'm fine, Amber. I only fell, it's not like I broke a bone." 

Amber sighed, and helped lift me onto the bed, and I sat down, criss-crossing my legs. 

"I'm going to go get you some breakfast, okay? I'll be right back." Amber said, leaving my room, closing the door softly. 

I sighed, becoming bored of sitting. Looking around my bedroom, I started looking around the room for something I could reach without standing up. Glancing over at one of the closest dressers, I saw an interesting-looking novel laying on top. I started reaching for the book, leaning halfway off the bed. 

Right when I could feel the spine of  the book, the double doors burst open, and Malcolm and Amber rushed in. I lost my balance, yelping, and started falling toward the floor. Malcolm ran to me, catching me before I hit the ground. 

"What were you trying to get?" Malcolm asked curiously.

"A book." I groaned, feeling a pulled muscle.

Malcolm chuckled, and laid me back on the bed, and Amber laid a silver tray with a bowl filled with strawberries, red and black raspberries, and a glass of orange juice in the top left corner. 

"I got some fruits and a glass of orange juice for you." Amber stated nervously, glancing over at Malcolm. 

Malcolm noticed her glance, and motioned with his head for her to leave. Amber nodded her head, and left, softly closing the door. 

When the door clicked shut, Malcolm started speaking.

"You should be able to walk in about two days. Your legs aren't strong enough yet, because of your lack of nutrients."

Nodding my head, I picked a handful red raspberries, and stuffed them my mouth, savoring the sweetness. 

Malcolm chuckled, probably from my face expression. 

I glared at him and commented, "What? I like fruits, don't judge me.", turning away from him.