Chapter Seventeen

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Malcolm~

*Flashback*

I nodded my head, and the maid got up, and pulled me into the room she just exited.

I looked around the room, and my eyes finally laid themselves on a body laying on the bed.

Vasilisa.

*End Flashback*

Vasilisa was laying very still on the bed, with a breathing tube secured to her mouth, helping her breathe. The little maid walked toward the side of Vasilisa's bed, with me in tow, and then she stopped quickly, almost making me run into her.

"She's been in a coma for over two weeks now. I'm afraid she won't wake up." The maid whispered.

Two weeks?! Xander howled.

I growled at him, and then heard a whimper.

Looking down, the little maid was shaking, obviously frightened from my unexplained growl.

"I wasn't growling at you, miss." I whispered hoarsely to her.

She nodded her head quickly, understanding who I must have been growling at.

"Can the breathing tube be taken out?" I asked.

The maid stood puzzled for a moment, thinking over what I had said.

"Maybe, I would have to try taking it out though." The maid said nervously.

"Then try it." I ordered.

The maid scurried over to the opposite side of the bed, and started pressing different buttons, shutting down the entire system.

Then, she stopped, and removed the tube quickly from Vasilisa's mouth, and Vasilisa took a huge breath, before her breathing went back to normal.

It worked, it actually worked! Now all I had to do was bring her back to the castle with me, safely and carefully.

Soon, the doors opened, and two more maids popped in, letting out a yelp when they saw me.

"He won't hurt you, it's just King Malcolm." The maid next to me said quickly, and the other maids relaxed.

Slowly, I lifted Vasilisa up from her resting place, and her head slowly fell against my chest, causing me to let out a gasp. It had been so long since I had gotten to touch her. Just seeing her again made my heart soar.

I turned around, and the three maids stood in a line, absolutely quiet. The maid that I had encountered first then stepped forward.

"Your Majesty, may we come with you to your palace? We liked Miss Vasilisa very much, and we would like to come along." The maid said.

I nodded my head. Vasilisa could be taken care of by the maids, since they were already watching over her.

The three maids and I soon left the bedchamber, heading down the many staircases to the main hall. We came to the front doors, and the maids opened the doors for me, and I stepped out into the harsh wind. I felt Vasilisa shiver in my arms, and I rushed into the carriage that been brought for Vasilisa and I.

I would have rather ran in my wolf form, but Vasilisa was not fit for it, so I would have to take a carriage.

The maids got in another carriage directly behind mine, and I laid Vasilisa down on my lap, and grabbed a blanket from the carriage seat across from me. Quickly, I laid the blanket over Vasilisa's body, and watched as her small form moved slightly.

Oh how I wish she was awake so I could stare into those bright blue eyes filled with wonder and curiosity.

Damon~

I was bound to the walls of the carriage by silver cuffs infused with wood. The cuffs kept me in pain the entire time, and when the carriage would hit a bump, I ended up yelping from the agonizing pain that shot through my arms. Please just let me die, please. Before I have to see Vasilisa's face staring at me with horror and disgust.

Malcolm~

When we arrived at the Palace, I rushed Vasilisa into her bedchamber, and had her three maids dress her and wash her. I couldn't bear to see her until I had found a way to wake her from her coma. I will wake her, trust me on that.