Chapter Three

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Malcolm~

    "Do you understand?" I yelled boldly at Vasilisa. Looking down at her eyes, I watched her slowly close them and I felt her go limp in my arms. 

That wasn't supposed to happen, Xander said. 

I'm pretty sure she went into shock, I'll have to take her to her new room. I said to him. I leaned down, picking up Vasilisa's slender legs, and laid her against my chest. She was so light, she was like a feather. Walking out of the throne room, I started walking up the grand staircase, to the fifth floor. I opened the guest bedroom door, and walked over to the king-sized bed, laying Vasilisa down on the soft silk fabrics. 

Grabbing her small, fragile hand, I kissed it, saying, "I'm sorry for all I've done to you, Vasilisa." Getting up from kneeling on the floor, I walked to the bedroom door, taking one glance at Vasilisa, and closing the door behind me. 

Vasilisa~

    I woke up with a gasp, the nightmare slowly fading away, and let my eyes adjust to the unfamiliar room I was in. Amber sat in a chair next to the bed I was laying in, patiently waiting for a command. 

"Amber?" I asked.

"Yes miss?" Amber answered in a monotone voice.

"Amber, it's me, you don't have to act formal." I stated.

Amber let out a huge sigh, commenting, "Oh good, that would have sucked. Do you remember what happened?" 

"I.." I stuttered, suddenly remembering yesterday's events, and asked, "Whose room is this?" 

Amber looked at me confused, and replied, "It's your new room, of course, given to you by the King."

 I jumped up from the comfortable bed quick as possible, shouting so Malcolm could hear, "I don't want his gifts! He can go die in a hole for all I care!" I ran to the door, opening it, and ran down the grand staircase, to the first floor. I could hear Amber behind me, and I looked back, seeing her still running down the stairs. 

"Look out, Sil!" Amber yelled, and I turned my head, facing a furious Malcolm. 

"Where do you think you're going?!" Malcolm yelled, and I flinched, but quickly recovered. 

"I'm going back to my "old" room, on the first floor." I stated, making his anger rise even higher.

"No, you're not. Only stupid, non-smart maids live down there." he growled. 

My eyes widened and started tearing up. 

"Well, looks like I'm a stupid maid then!" I screamed at him, and ran to the nearest bathroom, slammed the door right in his face, and sat down in the corner. 

I was now full-out sobbing, and then Malcolm asked through the door, "Sil, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, please let me in." 

I turned my head toward the door, screaming, "Never! Don't call me Sil, either! Just leave me alone!" 

Slowly, I sobbed myself to sleep.

Yeah.. it's sad, but it's how I wanted it to go. It will get better, I promise. :)  ~Bre