Chapter Eighteen

Here you go everyone! Sorry I didn't upload it sooner, but here's Chapter Eighteen! Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Three Weeks Later

Malcolm~

I kept pacing back and forth, back and forth. What could I do to wake Vasilisa up? Pulling a thick book from a shelf, I started rifling through the pages searching for the cure to Vasilisa's coma. Noticing that I had already looked through its pages before, I threw the book on the floor. Holding the bridge of my nose, I decided to go see Vasilisa once more, hoping that if I see her, it would help me figure out the cure for her coma.

As I walked through the halls, I recieved sad glances from the maids and guards, and sped up.

What if I couldn't wake Vasilisa?

I shook my head, ridding myself of the horrid thought. I will not think like that, I have hope.

Reaching Vasilisa's chambers, I opened the door as quickly as I could, ridding myself of everyone's gazes, and closed it, leaned my back against one of the doors sighing, running my hand through my hair, and gazed upward, my eyes resting on Vasilisa's bed.

Slowly walking up to her still figure, I gazed upon her. Her glossy, dark chocolate brown hair was fanned out around her head, creating a dark brown halo. The long snow white dress she wore stretched down to her ankles, where she was barefoot. Her long, slender hands laid folded on her chest, and she was slowly breathing in and out. It was like she was sleeping, and she would wake up at any time, but that was not the case.

Anger rose inside of me, my blood starting to boil. For the past three weeks, I have been reading book after book in the library, when I might have been doing the entirely opposite thing. It's time for me to see Damon.

"Open the gates." I commanded, my guards opening the dungeon's gate at my will. Once they had pulled the gate open, I stormed through and headed down the long spiraling staircase to the very heart of the dungeon. Only the mass murderers, the worst thieves, and my worst enemies are placed down there. Spiders crawled along the walls, scambling away as I walked close to them. When I reached the bottom, the second gate was opened for me, and I passed through quickly, walking down the dark corridor. I glanced at the cells, most of them empty, but the few cells that were occupied, I had haggard men and women staring poorly back at me, starving to death. That is their punishment, until they beg to be executed, then they're hanged for their crimes.

At the very end of the corridor, there was a bolted door, and the guards unlocked it, letting me inside. Damon sat across the room, bolted to the wall with silver shackles infused with wood, sleeping. I watched him for a while, and he started to moan in agony, which meant he was waking up.

"Get up you piece of dirt." I sneered, and Damon's eyes popped open, and anger burned brightly in his eyes.

"What do you want, Malcolm? Are you back just to torture me again?" He hissed, his vampire fangs growing longer.

I kicked his foot, causing him to scream from the pain.

" That will remain unanswered. Now, tell me why Vasilisa won't wake up? She's been asleep for at least five weeks now, and it's time that she wakes up."

Damon widened his eyes, confused.

"Have you tried anything else instead of scientific books, Malcolm?" Damon questioned me, raising one of his eyebrows.

He knows something, I know he does.

"Spill it. Now." I commanded, and Damon let out a large sigh.

"Fine. After Vasilisa slipped into her coma, I went back up to my room, to start cleaning it up a bit. Well, while I was cleaning, I had noticed a book that Vasilisa was holding before I came in. So, I walked over, and the title of the book was Sleeping Beauty. Right now, Vasilisa is like Princess Aurora, and all she needs is her Prince Phillip, which is most likely you." Damon explained.

Sleeping Beauty. Why didn't I think of that?

"So all I have to do is kiss her and she'll wake up?" I asked.

"Maybe, but I have a feeling that it's a bit more difficult than that. Remember, in the book, they're both human, but you're a werewolf, so you might have to figure something out." Damon explained nervously.

"You better be right, Damon. I mean it. If she doesn't wake up, you may be dead before the sun sets today." I sneered, and walked quickly out of the cell.

I motioned for the guards to resume their positions and exited the dungeon, heading up to Vasilisa's room.

"Hopefully this works." I muttered to myself.

As I approached Vasilisa's side, I prayed to God that she would awake.

I kneeled down next to her bed, towering over her, and placed a ssoft, gentle kiss on her lips.

When I pulled away, I gazed down at her, looking for any signs of her awakening, and I saw nothing. Nothing, just the sign of her breathing.

DAMON. 

Hehehehehe. What's gonna happen now?