Chapter Twelve

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Damon~

As Vasilisa fell into her own subconscious world, I put Vasilisa in one arm, and snapped the cold metal cuff on her injured right foot, examining the injury. Moving Vasilisa back to both of my arms, her precious head rolled to the side, next to my chest. I gasped. I've wanted a mate, but I was unable to have one, but I will have Vasilisa as my own mate, not that filthy Malcolm's. 

As I exited the tower, Vasilisa stirred, whimpering. An emotion unknown to me came over me, worry. I rubbed her cheek, and she stopped whimpering. As I walked toward my chambers, I glanced at all of the old tapestries in this fortress, wondering what stories lay behind them. It was based on the medieval times over 2,500 years ago. There were tapestries of sword fighting, crownings of kings and queens, and there was a stained glass window that always drew my attention. The well made window had a king, queen, with their three children, two boys and a girl. My life would have been like that, if no one had found out my secrets. 

This fortress used to be a place for human tourists before vampires ruled the world, and before the werewolves' rule. Everyone forgot about it, until I came across it, still in good condition. It was now my home. 

 Motioning to my personal guards to open my chambers' doors, the doors opened, and I strolled in. This room is fit for a queen, even a mate. I walked over to the queen-sized bed, and carefully laid Vasilisa, the girl of my dreams, on the bed. I resisted the urge to touch her cheek or her hand, and left the room. 

Walking into my own study across the hall from Vasilisa's new room, I sat down in my chair. 

I clapped my hands three times, and several maids walked calmly through my door. They were witches, gifted with the power of healing. 

"I have a girl across the hall with many injuries. Heal her and clean her up, and get her some new clothing. Go." I ordered, pointing toward the door, and all of the maids left the room.

As their footsteps grew farther away, I started planning on the next stage of my devious plan to become King of the Seven Nations. 

Vasilisa~

My eyes burst open as a crack of thunder flew through the sky, and a strip of lightning streaked through the sky shortly after. Jumping at the sudden burst of light, I noticed that I was not in a tower anymore, and instead I was in some sort of a bedroom in a nightgown it had seemed. Feeling the urge to explore, I got up from the bed quietly, and to my shock, I was able to move both of my ankles, and I was entirely clean. Noticing a pair of doors across the room, I tiptoed to the doors, which were at least three times my height. 

This place is very strange, but it's amazing. 

As I opened one of the doors,  I peered out of the room cautiously, and started to slowly walk down the hall, away from the bedroom I was being kept in. I noticed that there was very old tapestries on the walls, and with every flash of lightning, I saw kings and queens from a different time. The lightning kept raging on, met with enormous claps of thunder, and I gasped. A very ancient stained glass window was at the end of a hallway I was currently in before it branched off into two very dark hallways. I quickly ran to the amazing work of art, and was intrigued by the people in the glass. There was a king with his queen, and two young princes below them, and a princess between the princes. I thought instantly of Malcolm and his deceased sister Violet, but there was a second prince in the glass, and Malcolm didn't have another sibling. A tear fell from my eye. I missed Malcolm so much, and I longed to see him again. 

"What do you think you're doing?!" an angry voice hissed behind me. 

Whipping around, I was face-to-face with a pair of blood red eyes. I screamed, and turned to one of the dark hallways, and started to run blindly into the dark.

Run, Sil, run!

 Fear spiked my adrenaline, which made me run harder, and I was too terrified to look back. Soon enough, I came to a dead end, and pressed myself against the wall, facing the unknown red-eyed creature. It came to a stop a few feet from me, and I felt my tears overcome my eyelids. 

I couldn't take this anymore. I fell to my knees, and sobbed with terror and sadness. This was the end. 

The creature walked slowly toward me in powerful strides, and I didn't care anymore. 

I looked up at the creature's blood red eyes, meeting them with sadness infused with anger.

"This is where I die now isn't it? What are you waiting for? Kill me. Just kill me since I won't be able to see my mate ever again. Just kill me...kill me..." I yelled, but as I started to talk about my mate, my voice grew weak, and soon enough, I was back to sobbing. 

The creature kneeled down, and pulled me into its grasp, and I let it. It sat down, and started rocking me back and forth, and sobbed into its chest. 

"I'm sorry it has to be like this." The once bone-chilling voice whispered in a soft, gentle voice. 

Damon. It's Damon. 

I stopped crying, sniffling a little bit.

"Take me back. Please." 

I felt Damon nod, and I was picked up, being carried back. Slowly, I fell asleep to the padding of his footsteps, the crying over Malcolm had tired me out.