Chapter Six

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Vasilisa~

Peeking through my eyelashes, I could see that I was laying in a medical bed in a hospital room. The nurses had put a breathing tube in my nostrils, and I had an IV secured to my wrist. Scowling, I tried to sit up, when I felt something on my arms keeping me there. Looking at my left bicep, I noticed my left arm had a restraint tying me to the bed. No, get these things off me! I started to try and shrug them off. Nothing happened, they just stayed in their original place. They're going to keep me here forever! I wanted to be free, not trapped. I started to lose control of myself, and the hospital bed started shaking. 

I didn't notice Malcolm was sleeping in a reclining chair to my right, and when the bed made a loud crash, he was up in a flash, rushing to my side. 

Brushing my brown hair to the side of my face, he whispered, "Vasilisa, you're okay, it's alright. I'm right here." 

Looking up into his brown eyes, getting lost in them for a second, I ordered, "Get these things off me. I feel even more trapped than I already am." 

Malcolm sighed, sitting down on the side of the bed, whispering, "The nurses put these restraints on you because you would be hurting yourself. I'll ask them to take them off if you stay in this bed." 

"Okay, I won't get out of this bed." I groaned, feeling the restraints starting to irritate my skin. Malcolm sighed, getting up from the bed, and walked out the door to get the nurse. I tried to remember when the last time I was conscious was, but I couldn't remember. All I could remember was starving myself to death, falling on top of the bed, and closing my eyes. I shuddered at the thought that I had actually tried to take my own life, just to be rid of Malcolm. Maybe it's a good thing I have him. I laughed. I need to talk to him about my parents. 

Startled from my thoughts, Malcolm and one of the nurses strode through the door, and Malcolm returned to my side. The nurse untied the left restraint from underneath the bed, and walked over to the other side. Malcolm moved out of the way so she could untie the other, and returned to his original place. 

The nurse walked to the front of the room, and informed Malcolm, "If her IV bag becomes empty, or she experiences any pain, press that red button on that remote next to her, and I'll be in." She then left the room, keeping her formality known. I giggled, thinking how she acted was hilarious, and Malcolm stared at me, confused. 

"What's so funny?" he asked, still confused.

"Huh? Oh, nothing." I answered. I thought of what I was going to ask him about my parents and how long I'd been here. 

"Hey, Malcolm?" I asked nervously.

He turned his face toward me, replying, "Yes, Sil?" 

Malcolm saying my nickname put me on edge, but I didn't want to get in an argument right now. I had to get information out of him. 

"I was wondering, how long have I been in here?" I questioned, pondering if I should ask him about my parents' death. 

Malcolm started rubbing the back of his neck, and replied, "You've been here for about two to three weeks, depending when you last woke up. You had a nightmare the last time you were awake."

"Which was?" I questioned him again, wanting to know every detail.

Malcolm was holding back how long I was awake, and after a while, he finally spoke. 

"Four weeks, so you've been in here for two and a half months." he answered awkwardly, rubbing back of his neck again. 

Two and a half months, seriously? That's kind of puzzling, and oh my god, Amber. She must have been the one to find me laying in my bed unconscious. She must have thought I was poisoned or something. I feel so bad for her. 

Deciding to Malcolm about my parents, I asked, "Could you tell me why you had my parents killed? I never knew why." 

Malcolm's eyes gave a flash of anger, but it died away. 

"I will tell you tomorrow, but for now, you need to rest. You don't have a lot of strength." he stated, and turned to leave the room. I didn't want him to leave. 

Before he could take one step through the doorway, I whispered, "Malcolm, could you stay with me? I don't like being alone." 

Malcolm turned around, shocked I wanted him to stay here with me, and mumbled, "Okay, I'll sleep in the reclining chair." I turned my body toward the reclining chair, and Malcolm pulled it next to the hospital bed. 

Sitting down in the chair, and putting his feet up, he leaned toward me and whispered, "Goodnight Vasilisa." He leaned back into his chair, and closed his eyes. 

"Goodnight Malcolm." I mumbled, and fell into a nice, peaceful slumber.

There you go, I hope you're a bit happy now. ~Bre

(UPDATE: I know many people were not happy with a few of these chapters in this section. But I promise the rest of the book is good, and the new version Almighty & Powerful will not have a big plot hole this book does. I'd love it if you kept reading though, or give the new version a spin! 😊~Bre)