Chapter 13

^^^Fallon^^^

*****(GRAYS POV)*****

I wake up to my phone buzzing in my hand. I look at the screen and see that it's 7:45am.

"Shut shit shit shit shit." I mutter and try to get up. But I'm stopped by something holding me down. I look at my surrounding and see that I am sitting on the couch, my head on Fallon's should and his arms are locked tightly around my waist.

"Fallon." I say and shake  him gently to wake him up. "Fallon." I say again and he slowly opens his eyes.

"How do you still look so beautiful?" He asks and I blush. "What time is it?"

"7:45. I have to find Lexi and Sarah." I say hurriedly.

"They left last night. You fell asleep around 3 and I told them I would drive you home." He says

"Thank you so much." I try to stand up but he pulls me back down.

"But only if we're still on for tonight." He says and I laugh.

"Of course we are." I say and he stands up, towering over me. He is around 6'1 and I'm only 5'0.

"Good. Let's go." He says and we step over and around the empty cups and passed out teens that litter the floor. I check my phone to see who called. It was Dani. I call her back once we get in his car.

"Hello? Gray?" She asks worriedly

"Hey Dani."

"Are you still at Lexi's house? They called last night and told me that's where you were. Listen, I'm okay with you going over there but will you tell me before you just leave? You scared me half to death." She says and I thank god for Lexi.

"I'm sorry Dani. It won't happen again. Im still at her house and I'll be home later today."

"Okay thank you Gray. I'll see you later honey." She says and hangs up.

"Who's Dani?" Fallon asks

"James' mom. She's my moms best friend but I have to live with her until my mom gets back. She's in California for the next two years." I say

"Oh." He says simply. "Do you want to listen to music?" He changes the subject.

"Yeah sure." I say

"What station?"

"97.3" I say and he puts it on. Air by Shawn Mendes come on. I sing along under my breath.

"Sing louder." He says and turns up the volume. I nervously sing along.

"Always tryna put your two cents in
Then expecting me to change
Tried to fix me up but I'm not broken,
All you do is leave me stained." I sing

"Told you not to tie me down too quickly,
Take it slow it's not a race
And you keep on tryna reel me in but,
All I really need is space" He jumps in, surprising me.

"You, you don't mean no harm
But you're stringin' me along and I don't have the time to spare
And I, I'm trying hard to breathe
But you're suffocating me, this time I'm coming up for air" We both sing the chorus and he turns the volume back down.

"You sing beautifully." He says

"So do you! I just can't believe you know the words." I say, laughing and trying to ignore my hangover.

"Why wouldn't I? Shawn is the best." He says, with a fake hurt look on his face and I laugh harder.

"He is." I agree

"What's your favorite song by him." He asks

"Either Air, Running Low, or Memories. What about you?" I say

"Air, This Is What It Takes, or Treat You Better." He says

"Oh yeah, and Treat You Better. I can't believe I forgot that one." I say and he laughs too.

"You can't forget Treat You Better." He says

"Definitely not." I agree with him again

"Do you want to get frozen yogurt before I take you home?" He asks

"I'm not really dressed for frozen yogurt." I say and frown at the skirt and shirt I'm still wearing from last night.

"There is no right or wrong way to dress for fro-yo. Come on. It'll be fun." He says

"Okay but can we stop at a gas station and get some aspirin?" I ask

"I have some right here." He says and pulls a bottle of Advil out the side of the door. He hands it to me and I take two, washing it down with a water bottle he hands me.

"Thanks." I say

"Never go to a party without aspirin for the next morning close by." He says and I laugh once again.

"That's a good tip." I say

"It's the truth." He says and we both laugh this time. He stops the car and we walk into the frozen yogurt shop. He hands me a large cup and I put it back and get a medium instead.

"What'd you do that for." He asks

"I can't finish a large." I say

"I'll eat our leftovers." He says, taking the medium cup from me and giving me back the large.

"Fine." I huff playfully.

"But." He starts

"But?"

"But, you have to make it taste good." He says

"Damn I was planing on making it disgusting." I say sarcastically and he laughs.

"Yeah okay." He says as he fills he cup with peanut butter flavored frozen yogurt. I fill mine with raspberry and follow him over to the toppings table. He adds hot fudge, chocolate chips, m&ms, gummy worms, and snickers bar pieces. I add raspberries, chocolate chips, and hot fudge. He pays and we go sit at a table.

"That's an interesting combination." I comment

"Usually when people call something interesting, it's a bad thing." He says and takes a bite.

"Well..." I trail off.

"Well what? My frozen yogurt and choice of toppings is bad?" He asks

"You said it, not me." I joke

"Here, try some. That'll change your mind." He slides to cup over to me and I take a bite. It is interesting, like I said, but in a good way.

"Okay. It's good." I admit. "You try mine now." I say and he takes a spoonful from my cup.

"Eh. I've had better." He says and I pretend to be hurt.

"Doubtful." I say and he laughs, a sound that is starting to feel familiar.

"But it's pretty good." He says.

We finish our yogurt and he drives me to Lexi's house.