Chapter 16

*****(JAMES POV)*****

I hate him so much. Why did he ask her out? I told them all that she was mine. He's going to get his ass beat today.

After I take a shower I get dressed in a shirt and t-shirt, my usual, casual school clothes. Gray walks out of her room wearing a crop top, white converse, and the shortest shorts I've ever seen. She walks into the kitchen and I follow behind her.

"Good morning you two." Mom says

"Morning." Gray chirps and grabs a banana.

"Maybe you should wear a sweater sweetie. I don't want you to violate dress code and get sent home." She says and Gray gets a sweater from her bag.

"Are you seriously wearing that? You look like a slut." I say and glare at her.

"I don't really care what you think of me James. Bye Dani have a nice day." She says as she walks to the front door.

"I'm not ready to go yet." I say

"Well I am." She snaps

"Have fun walking." I say

"What makes you think I need you to drive me?" She says with a smirk and walk out the door. I hear a car door slam and I realize she got Lexi to take her. I slam my hand down on the counter in frustration.

"I'm sorry honey." Mom says

"For what." I growl

"That she's dating that boy Fallon." She says gently. "I know you like her." She adds

"No. I don't. And even if I did, she obviously doesn't like me." I say and walk out the front door.

*****(GRAYS POV)*****

Lexi, Sarah, and I walk to our lockers once we get inside the school building. Fallon is waiting at my locker.

"Damn." He says with an adorable snail on his face.

"What?" I ask, pretending I don't know what he's talking about.

"You look beautiful, as always." He says and kisses the top of my head. I get my books for the next two periods but he takes them from me.

"I got it." He says and intertwines our hands.

"Awe." Lexi gushes and I glare at her.

"Don't give us that look, Gray. You two are adorable." Sarah says and I roll my eyes.

"See you in art." Lexi says to Sarah and I and walks off to her first class.

"We should get to class too." Fallon says just as the warning bell rings. We hold hands on the way to AP math and he sits behind me. Sarah sits in her usual seat beside me.

"Today we will be partnering up. Groups of two only." Ms. Withen says and everyone immediately finds a partner. My eyes meet Sarah's but she shakes her head at me and winks. Fallon taps my shoulder and I can't help but smile as I turn around to face him.

"Partners?" He asks

"Sure." I say, still smiling as he scoots his chair up to my desk.

"You have until the rest of class to brainstorm a project that will creatively and effectively explain one topic we have discussed this year in a five minute presentation. You will have the next month to complete this, which is plenty of time so I expect exceptional quality. If you have any questions, come to my desk." She says

"So. Math." I say and Fallon chuckles.

"I was thinking we could make some type of presentation on inverse trigonometric functions. I don't know how you are on that, but I found it to be a pretty easy topic to grasp." He says

"Okay, I might need to study a little to refresh my memory, but that's good." I say, trying to remember if I took good enough notes on that.

"Are you sure? We can do something else." He says

"No, that's really good. Let's do that." I say

"Good. That's settled. Now how should we present it?" He asks

"I have no idea. The most creative thing I've really used to present is prezi." I shrug

"We could do a video explaining it." He says

"What if we make it on a dry erase board and just have our voices in the background explaining?"

"Yeah some of those videos are really cool. We should watch a couple videos like that to get some ideas." He says and I nod.

"There are ten minutes until class is over. Get out a sheet of lined paper and write down your topic and form of presentation then pass it to the person in front of you to be collected." Ms. Withen says

"I'll get it." Fallon says when I start to get paper. He writes down our topic and idea then passes it to the person in front of us.

When class is over, Fallon tries to walk me to applied design, but I make him go because his class is in the other side of the school.

"You're so lucky." Sarah says as we walk to class.

"Why?" I ask and reposition my books in my hands.

"Fallon, duh. He's sweet and caring, not to mention hot." She says and we laugh.

"Yeah I guess so. But James hates me now. So much for being best friends again." I say as we sit down at our table.

"You didn't really start out as friends in the first place though. More like fuck buddies and you can't have that anymore." Lexi says, jumping into the conversation as she sits down.

I smack her arm lightly. "Yeah but he was a really great friend when we weren't being 'fuck buddies'." I say, mocking Lexi.

"Girls quite down. You're disturbing my class." Mr. Claxton says and we're quite until class ends.

Lexi, Sarah, and I walk to our lockers. When we get there, James is yelling at Fallon and a small crowd stands by them.

"What are they doing." Lexi gasps and we walk closer so we can hear.

"Why don't you back off." Fallon says, his voice low.

"Why don't you. I told you to stay away." James all but yells at him.

"She's not you property." Fallon says

"I still said she was mine." He snaps

"Well she obviously chose me." Fallon smirks

"You won't treat her right."

"And you will? You abandoned her for two years and then again last week. Even if she wasn't dating me, I doubt she'd date you." Fallon says

"That doesn't concern you." James says, lowering his voice significantly.

"But it involves Gray and I care about her." He says and my heart flutters.

"You're just a piece of shit." James snaps and punches Fallon in the jaw. He stumbles a little and raises his hand to the fresh wound. He glares at James before punching his face, and I'm sure he will have a black eye tomorrow.

"Stop!" I yell and Fallon lowers his fist. The crowd around us disperses and the late bell rings. I look at Sarah and Lexi and nod my head, saying they can go.

"Are you okay?" I ask Fallon, taking his face gently in my hands and looking at the large cut on his jaw line.

"Yes I'm fine. Can we go?" He asks

"You can't go to class. They'll ask how you got hurt." I say and glare at James. He scoffs at me and walks away. My stomach stirs and I feel guilty, but I turn my attention back to Fallon.

"Where should we go?" He asks

"Come with me." I say