Chapter 12

*****(JAMES POV)*****

"What about him" Gray says to Lexi and I drop my cup on the floor. Gray turns around as some slut screams at me for getting beer on her shoes. I brush past her and shove my way into the kitchen.

"Hey James."

"Marisa." I mumble

"How about you and me have some fun." She purrs.

"I'm not in the mood." I snap at her

"Come on. You know you want to. You sure weren't complaining last time." She says and I think back to a party where I drunkenly fucked her.

"That was different." I say

"How? You aren't seeing anyone, are you?" She asks

"No. I guess I'm not." I say and pull her into the nearest vacant bedroom.

*****(GREYS POV)*****

"Grey don't pay any attention to him. Like you said, we're here to have fun." Lexi says

"I guess." I mumble as she takes my hand and leads me to the crowded 'dance floor'. Sarah follows behind us and I let the music take over my body, forgetting about my surroundings and everything that's happened in the past two weeks. I lose track of how many songs play before Sarah pulls us outside to get some air.

"Are you having fun now?" She asks

"I would be having more fun if my cup was full." I say and frown at the empty cup in my hand. Lexi laughs.

"I'll be right back. Give me your cup." I hand my cup to her and she disappears back into the house.

"Gray I have the best news." Sarah says

"What?" I ask excitedly

"Andy asked me out!" She squeals and hugs me tightly.

"When?!"

"We're going to some really fancy restaurant downtown next Friday night. I'm so nervous." She says

"Wait, is the restaurant called 5th Avenue?" I ask slowly 

"Yeah, why." Her face falls

"My dad owns that restaurant." I say sadly. I found out last year when I went there with my mom. He made a big scene, trying to get me to come live with him. He told me he's been sober and clean for 6 months and he deserves to see me too. I refused and we left.

"I'll cancel. We can go somewhere else. Don't worry." She assures me

"No don't you dare do that. It's okay. My horrible relationship with him has nothing to do with you. Okay?"

"Okay, if you're absolutely sure that it doesn't bother you." She says

"Why would it bother me? I just hope you have a wonderful time. Do you want to come over to my house after school Friday and I'll help you get ready?" I offer

"I'd love that. You're the best, Gray!" She squeals and hugs me as Lexi comes back, balancing three cups in her hands.

"One for you, one for you, and one for me." She says as she passes out the cups.

"Thanks Lexi." We both say.

"A group of people inside are about to start a game. Do you wanna go join?" She asks and we nod our heads and follow her inside. A group of about ten people are sitting on the ground in boy girl order.

"Are you three playing?" Dalton, a soccer jock asks.

"Yep." I say

"Good. You can sit by me." He smirks and the girl beside him looks hurt. He ignores her and scoots over so I can sit. "Fallon! Harry! Come join us!" He calls and two boys who are also on the soccer come over and even out the circle so that everyone is in boy girl order again.

"What're we playing?" Fallon asks

"Suck and Blow." Dalton says and two girls cheer. He pulls out a card and places it on his lips. He turns to me and passes to card to me using his mouth. I pass it to Fallon, who is sitting beside me and he passes it to Lexi. The game continues around the circle until the card falls between some girl and Westly, a nerdy but popular, smooth talking guy. They kiss and the game continues.

The card comes back to me and I pass it to Fallon, but it falls between us onto his lap. He looks at me and smirks. I lean in to kiss him and his lips touch mine. They taste like the vodka I've been drinking with a hint of mint, which cools my mouth but at the same time, a heat rolls through me. He moves his hand up to my face as the kiss deepens and I forget that there are ten other people watching us. I put my hand on his chest and his tongue swipes over my bottom lip. I part my lips and he explores my mouth with his tongue.

Some guy whistles and we break the kiss. My face heats up and my cheeks flush redder than a tomato, I'm sure. I look at Fallon and he looks the same, red cheeks, staring at the ground. The only difference is that there is a small smile playing on his lips.

"Are we going to start the game again?" Harry asks impatiently. Fallon hands the card to him and takes my hand, pulling me up and leading me into the kitchen.

"Can I kiss you again?" He asks

"Yes." I say and he softly presses his lips into mine. Our mouths move in sync and the mix of mint and vodka send shivers up my spine. He places one hand on my lower back and the other cups my cheek. I put my hands on his chest and lean into his hand. He pushes me closer to him with the hand that is in my back and moans softly when I push myself further against him. The sound of him moaning sounds so innocent, and I love it.

He breaks the kiss. I look into his eyes and they are a brilliant brown. They aren't boring like most brown eyes. I notice flecks of gold near his pupils that are so unique.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" He asks, sounding slightly amused at the amazed look on my face.

"You're eyes are beautiful." I say honestly.

"You really think so? They're just boring brown." He says

"No, they're not boring at all."

"If you say so. But I think your eyes are much better than mine. In the 30 minutes since we sat down to play that game, they've changed from the coldest blue I've ever seen, to a blue as deep as the ocean." He states and my checks heat up all over again.

"Thanks I guess." I say, looking down at the ground.

"Would you like to go out with me tomorrow night?" He asks

"Aren't you the type of guy that doesn't go on dates?" I ask

"By that you mean I have sex with a new girl every night?" He chuckles

"Well, kind of. The people you hang out with do." I say honestly

"The people I hang out with are jerks."

"So why hang out with them?"

"I honestly don't know. Maybe because I can be a jerk sometimes too." He says with a look on his face that I can't quite read.

"Well I guess I'll have to take my chances." I say and nod my head matter of factly.

"You'll go out with me?" He asks almost excitedly

"I'd love to."

"Great. I'll get you at eight."