Chapter 22

*****(FALLONS POV)*****

As she undresses and gets in the shower, I can't help but notice how much she's changed. She's deathly skinny and her cheeks have sunk in noticeably. She's using the support of the wall, like if she wasn't holding on she would collapse. I step into the shower and she unexpectedly wraps her arms around me and presses her face into my chest. I sit down on the bathtub floor and pull her into my lap. She sits still in my arms as the water rains down on us.

As if waking out of a trance, she jumps a little, then reaches for the shampoo. I take it from her and out it in her hair, then conditioner. She washes her face and sort of washes her body, but can't really do much because she hasn't moved from my lap.

"Are you finished?" I ask gently when all the soap is off of her. She nods her head and I shut of the water. I get out a wrap a towel around my waist, then one around her. She hugs it close to her body and follows me to her bed. While I dig through her clothes to get her something to wear, she curls up in a ball on the bed. I hand her a pair of black leggings and a maroon sweatshirt. She stares at them blankly for a moment.

"Oh sorry." I say and bring back a bra and underwear. She puts them on brushes out her wet hair.

"Do you want to eat here?" I ask and her lifeless eyes stare into mine.

"No." She says and puts on a pair of black flip flops.

"Do you want to go to my house?" I ask and she shakes her head. "The park?" I ask and she shakes her head again.

"I want to go to the place we went on our date." She says and I smile softly.

"Okay. What do you want to eat?" I ask

"Chick-fil-a" She says

"Okay baby." I say and she smiles a little.

"Do you want to tell Dani where you're going?" I ask and she shakes her head. She follows me out of her room to where James, Andy, and Dani are sitting in the living room. They all look at Gray like she's a ghost.

"Gray honey. Are you hungry?" Dani says, a desperate tone behind her words.

"I'm going to eat with Fallon." She says and Dani looks at me gratefully.

"Thank you." She mouths and I smile and nod my head slightly. I follow Gray to the car and get in. She laces her fingers with mine as we drive down the road to Chick-fli-a.

"Hi how may I help you?" A woman's voice calls as we pull up to the drive through.

"I would like 3 chicken sandwiches and a 12 piece chicken nugget." I say

"What would you like to drink?" She asks

"A coke and a strawberry milkshake." I say

"Okay that'll be $34.62. Drive up to the second window and have a nice day." She says

"You too." I mutter and drive forwards.

"Im not going to eat all that." She says

"You haven't eating in a couple days. You have to eat something." I say and she purses her lips but doesn't say anything. I pay and we get our food and drinks then drive to the woods. When we get there, she follows me to the clearing and I spread out a blanket that I had in my trunk from last time.

"Eat whatever you want." I say

"What about you?" She asks and pushes a sandwich towards me.

"I'll eat when you're done." I say as she eats a chicken nugget. She soon eats them all and starts on the sandwich.

"Slow down. You're going to get sick. Drink some of the shake." I say and she slowly finishes chewing and takes the milkshake from me.

"How long did it take you to be happy again?" She asks quietly after handing me the shake.

"It was about six months before I could think about anything but him. I could barley do simple tasks. All that I thought about was eating, sleeping, breathing, and him for a while. But I didn't have any distractions. My mom really didn't help us get though it that much. She was always at work and Faith just stayed in her room. It didn't effect Faith as much I don't think. They were never really that close." I say

"Oh." She mutters

"I'm going to help you though. We'll get though it, okay? I know that I've never met your mom, but I'll be by your side whenever you need me. I know how hard it is to do this alone." I say and she smiles at me softly. I kiss her forehead and push another sandwich towards her.

*****(JAMES POV)*****

"Why did she go with him!" I yell as soon as his car is out of the driveway.

"Well they are dating." Andy says and it takes all I have not to punch him.

"But I'm her best friend!" I yell at him.

"Were. You blew it, remember?" He says with a smug look.

"I should hit you." I say and ball my fists.

"But you're not going to. You need my help. Face it. You'd have been done with Gray already if it weren't for me. You would've had sex with her and ignored her for the rest of high school." He says and I know he's right.

"I wish I could forget her." I mutter

"No you don't. You don't wish that. Don't lie to me James. I know that you want her to love you back." He says and I know he's right.

"It be much easier if I didn't want that though." I say

"But love isn't easy." He says

*******************

I know, short chapter, but I haven't updated today so I'm sorry but...

Anyway, tell me how I'm doing.

Do you all like Fallon or James better? I'm curious.