Chapter 9

**If you didn't know, the main character, Gray, was Bethany in Soul Surfer**

*********************
(Gray POV)

After everyone leaves, I can't help thinking about my first time with James. I've had sex a couple other times after that, but with him was the best, it was different. He actually cared about me, unlike Matt. A knock on my door breaks my train of though.

"Come in." I say lazily. James walking in, wearing only a bathing suit. He throws a bikini at me and it lands in my lap.

"What are you doing?" I ask

"We're going swimming." He says, motioning out of my window to the pool in the backyard.

"Get out." I say

"Fine. Stay up here in your room all day." He huffs

"I'm coming with you, but I have to get changed first."

"I can stay. Nothing I haven't seen before." He winks and sits on my bed. I get up and move to my bathroom to change. After I put it on I throw my hair into a messy ponytail and put on tanning lotion.

"Hurry up!" James yells through the door. I walk out and he looks at my body.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I laugh and he blushes, looking away.

"Come on let's go." He says "They're going to be here soon." He says quickly, taking my hand.

"Who's going to be here soon?" I ask as he drags me down the stairs, being mindful of my leg.

"Michael, Andy, Sarah, and Lexi, who else?" He says.

"They just left." He picks my up by my waist and puts me on the counter.

"To get their bathing suits. Weren't you paying attention?" He mumbles as he digs through the fridge.

"Oh I get it. You were still thinking about a certain truth or dare question." He says and winks at me again. I feel my face heat up, confirming his accusations.

"Where did you get this bathing suit?" I ask when I notice there is still a tag on the back. I rip it off, carefully avoiding ripping the fabric.

"My mom bought it for you when she found out that you'd be moving in. Your mom told her you didn't have one." He says, still looking for something, but this time in the pantry.

"Well, that's not true. I had one but I 'lost it'. She always buys me these hideously patterned one piece bathing suits and she seems to love them so I don't have the heart to tell her that I hate them." He turns around with arms full of chips, dip, pretzels, chex mix, and popcorn packets.

"Put these in the microwave one at a time then put them in this bowl." He says, handing me three bags of unpopped popcorn and a giant bowl. I put the first packet in the microwave as he fills various bowls with the rest of the snacks.

"What about drinks?" I ask and he points to a pile of canned soda that he stacked on the counter.

"There's a cooler in the pantry, I'll get it." He says

"No, I got it, just help me down." I say and he moves to stand in between my legs. He puts his hands on my bare hips and I run my fingers through his hair.

"I need a kiss before I can help you." He says, his face inches from mine. I lean in and smile against his lips. He pulls away and gently puts me on the floor. Using the wall for support, I walk slowly over to the pantry to get the large cooler.

"You can just fill it with the ice bags that are in the freezer." Sure enough, there are two 5lb bags of ice in the freezer. I look at him questioningly before emptying them into the cooler. James walks over and helps me put the sodas and water bottles in the ice to keep them cold.

"Why thank you Jameson." I say in the thinnest southern accent I can manage.

"You're quite welcome Miss Grayson." He mimics my accent and helps me to my feet.

"Are we going to bring this stuff out to the pool?" I ask and he nods his head.

"Sit on the cooler and hold these." He says and hands me fours bowls of snacks, all stacked on top of each other. I carefully balance them on my legs as he pulls me and the cooler outside to the pool. I set them down on the large glass table that's by the pool chairs.

"If you want you can go into the shed and get some tubes and beach balls from the shed." He says and I walk over there, trying to get my knee used to walking normal.

I get a couple tubes, a ball, a raft, some pool noodles, and throw them in. James comes out of the house carrying the rest of the snacks. He sets them on the table.

"What about towels?" I ask

"Oh yeah." He mumbles and rushes inside, coming back a minute later with 6 towels. We put them on the table and sit down at the edge of the pool with our feet in the water. I swish my feet around silently.

"Hold your breath." James says

"What-" I'm cut off when he pulls us both into the pool and I squeal as the cold water surrounds us. We come back up and he pulls me close to him, holding me to his chest.

"I was trying to keep my hair dry." I whine and playfully hit his arm.

"Oops." He grins at me with a goofy look on his face.

"I'm going to get you." I say as I splash water at him.

"I'm so scared. Somebody save me from big bad Grayson." He says, sarcasm dripping from every letter.

"Ugh." I huff and swim to the ladder.

"No baby I was joking. Don't get out." He says and I turn around to face him. He gives me puppy dog eyes and I can't help it. I sink back into the water and he pulls me close to him. He leans down and lightly touches his lips to mine and pulls away, teasing me.

"You have to promise to stay in the water with me." He says and I roll my eyes and pull him to me. Our mouthes move in sync and he slides his tongue on my bottom lip. I part my lips and he explores my mouth. I wrap my legs around his waist and run my fingers through his wet hair and tug at it slightly. He moans into my mouth making me shiver.

"EHEM" Sarah screams and I pull away quickly. My face heats up and James grins at me.

"You're adorable." He says

"Thanks..." I mutter

***********

Comment at least once per chapter to tell me how I'm doing so far... It would mean so much to me if you would. Thank you so much for sticking with me.