Chapter 11

I go into my room and shut the door behind me. I thought we were dating. He told them we were. God, I'm so stupid. I thought the feelings I've had for him since 6th grade were finally going to stop being bottled up. How could I have misread what he said so much? No, maybe he changed his mind. We kissed and he asked if we were together. I said yes. I said yes right? My phone buzzes and I see that Lexi texted me.

L- Hey last minute party at Ricky's you want to go?
S- I'll go if you two are going
L- Gray you coming?
G- Um... Yeah what time will you be here
L- 30 mins
G- K

I put the conversation on silent so I can get ready in peace and turn in my music. Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes comes on and I try to forget about James as I curl my hair. When I finish curling my hair I twist a couple stands together and clip it in the back.

I dump out a box of clothes on my bed and get a white crop top and a floral printed navy blue high waisted skirt

I dump out a box of clothes on my bed and get a white crop top and a floral printed navy blue high waisted skirt. I slip on a pair of black heels and put in a gold necklace. I look in the mirror and decide I like that and sit down at my desk to do my make up, deciding to keep it simple, just adding eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. I take pride in my clear skin now. When I was in 8th grade I had moderate acne, but it all went away by freshman year.

I check my phone and un mute the conversation with Sarah and Lexi.

G- Are you almost here
S- We're on the way now and just left my house
G- K

I grab my iPhone and put it in a different case, navy blue to match my skirt, then shove it in my bra. When I was little I thought I was disgusting to do that, but it's actually really convenient. Lexi honks the horn and I rush down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" James asks

"A party." I say and walk out the door.

*****(JAMES POV)*****

"What party?" I ask but she's already out the door. I slam my hand down in the counter top and get my phone to call Andy.

"Yes?" He asks when he picks up.

"Get over here we're going to a party."

"Okay." He says

"Get Michael too." I say before he hangs up.

"Sure." He says and the line goes dead. I go to my room and put on a pair of dark jeans and a tight white shirt that shows of my muscles. I rush to grab my shoes and out the door, hoping that Gray might still be out there. She's not, so I lock the door and sit on the porch waiting. Ten minutes later, Andy car pulls up and I get in the back seat.

"Hurry up I need to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid." I say and Andy backs the car out of the driveway.

"What did you do? We passed her on the way here and she looked pretty mad. She was ranting to Lexi and Sarah about something." Michael says

"I fucking screwed up." I say

"How." Andy all but growls at me.

"I kind of gave her the idea that I wasn't interesting in her. Then she stormed out of the room and left to go to some party." I say

"What do you mean you have her the idea? What did you say to her?" Andy raises his voice and he tightens his grip on the steering wheel.

"She had this shirt and then I said we were as close as siblings." I quickly say as I run my hands through my hair.

"What the fuck does that mean? Never mind. I don't even care. I told you not to hurt her though." Andy says

"I know."

"You know? That's all you have to say? She's loved you since sixth grade, but kept it to herself because she didn't want to ruin the friendship that you two shared. She cares about you that much. She gave you a chance. She forgave you for what you did to her in eighth grade and now you're ruining it all over again." He raises his voice again

"I know I did! I know I am! But you of all people should know that I felt worse! She fucking broke me." I say the last part quietly.

"She's just to important to me. I can't let you hurt her again." He says and parks the car.

"I won't. I'm going to fix this." I say as I run inside the party filled house.

*****(GRAYS POV)*****

"I though you were dating?" Sarah asks for the hundredth time since they got me.

"Let's stop talking about it. We're here to party, so let's party." I say as someone hands me a red cup filled with vodka. I put it to my mouth and chug it. It burns my throat as it goes down but I welcome the warm fuzziness that follows. We go into the kitchen and Lexi tops our cups with more. We both chug it but Sarah sips it. Lexi gets us more but this time we take it slower.

"Lets go into the living room." Sarah says. We follow her to the couch and squeeze on to the already crowded couch.

"Hey beautiful." A voice I quickly recognize whispers in my ear. I turn around to face its owner.

"Hey Logan." I say

"I haven't seen you in a while." He says and I nod my head. It has been a while. "Can I sit?" He asks and I scoot over as far as I can.

"Here you go." I say as he sits down and wraps his arm around my shoulders. He really is handsome.

"Give me your phone." He says and I get my phone out of my bra. He takes it and puts his number in then texts himself. I take it back and he gives me a charming grin.

"I'll talk to you when you aren't buzzed." He says and walks away.

"What was that?" Sarah asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"What about James?" Lexi asks

"What about him." I say cooly