14.5

"I leave people behind so they don't do it to me first. I break my own heart by letting people go so they don't do it to me. Just like how I'm breaking my heart right now. I wanted to tell you that I didn't mean a word I said that day. But I couldn't. Or you'd stay. And then you'd break my heart. I'm so scared of being hurt again. I don't want to put my heart on the line."

"Then why are you telling me this now? This doesn't make any sense."

"Because I'm leaving. And so are you. And we'll likely never see each other again."

"Don't say that. I want to see you again. I can't-"

"It's true. I'm sorry. I've got to go."

"Don't do this to me. Please. You don't have any idea what you're doing to me."

"You've done it to me enough times."

"What do you mean?"

"You might never understand, but you were the first person to break my heart. Before I could break it myself."

"So stay. I'll fix it. I'll fix you."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't leave. Don't do it. Damn it."

"You won't find me. Don't come looking."

AN// concept of yet another book I want to write:: two people who love each other silently and never express it for years and years and stay friends and keep hurting themselves and each other by not saying anything. In the end *spoiler but whatevs* they'll finally come clean but by then one of them has realized it's not going to work out. Wrong place wrong time right person kind of deal. I just find fate to be so tragic at times.

Opinions?