Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Kyle stared at me for a while. I noticed the look of surprise struck his face at the mention of Christy's name but in a split second it vanished.

"I don't know what you're talking about Isabel. Gonna have to be a bit more specific." He answered looking back into the fridge.

Did he want me to get irritated with him?! Kyle knew exactly what I was talking about. He can't play idiot with me.

"You know what I'm talking about Kyle. But I'll repeat myself again. Why Christina?" I sneered back. A little too harsh than I intended to be.

He pulled out a bottle of beer and opened it with a flick of his finger hitting against the bottle cap. The cap flew off, from the lid of the bottle and fell to the marble tiled floor with a small 'clink' sound.

"Isabel I honestly have no idea who you're asking about."

He replied as he took a quick sip from his beer while he headed out of the kitchen.

"Kyle don't lie to me. I know about you and Christina. All I'm asking from you is to answer my one question. Why? Out of all the girls in the world, you chose Christy, my best friend." I said following behind him into the living room.

When I walked in it wasn't the same as last time I walked in here. It was filled with other lycans. Werewolves.

They were scattered throughout the living room watching tv and or chatting with the person next to them.

The conversations stopped and their attention shot up to look at us.

Stopping in place I glanced at the curious looks they were giving me and Kyle.

Taking another sip of his beer Kyle sighed before speaking. "No she's not my mate. Yes she's human. No you can't touch her. And if you do I'll tear you all each limb from limb. Now scram!" Kyle shouted. His voice sounded strict and powerful. If he's the beta and second in charge than I wonder how powerful Lucas is as the Alpha. I've never heard him give orders to any of his pack members or seen his wolf before. That only made me curious. But I push that thought away to focus on my current conversation.

They all gave me a look before leaving the room with just Kyle and I alone.

Kyle walked towards the couch and planted himself down on it, sitting up and looking right at me. "Alright Iz. Yes Christina is with me. She's happy so why aren't you?" He simply said.

"Because I don't want her getting hurt. I love her. She's my sister. There's a reason I haven't mentioned any of this lycanthrope stuff to her or Abby."

"Well don't worry I'm not telling her about any of it."

"Oh Please Kyle. You don't need to tell her. She'll find out and when she does she'll freak. Then hate me for not telling her. And because of you being involved with Christy now she's in a dangerous position! She can't be with you Kyle!" I panicked.

"Wow, ok, " he stalked towards me . We stood face to face glaring at each other. His hard glare stoke fear through my body. But my outer appearance was like a hard wall. I didn't want him to think I felt weak and frightened by him. "When did you start being in control of my life or Christina's? Last time I checked I was the one making my own decisions not you. And the same goes for Christina. She doesn't need you babying her."

"I am not babying her. I'm protecting her."

"You're not her mother!"

"Ya and her mother doesn't know that any of this is happening to her. And if she did she would be telling you to back the hell off of Christina!" I barked back.