Chapter 43

Lucas

"It's been hours now, Abby! How long is this going to take?"

"Well for one, it's only been an hour and twenty...six minutes." Abby said as she looked up from her watch and pulled a semi real grin. "Two, you stomping around like that isn't helping me concentrate, now is it?" She said calmly but I knew she was getting very irritated with me. Wait...has it really been an hour? That's it? Damn it felt like hours. Who am I kidding, this felt like centuries!

"Well you're taking your sweet time going through the pages aren't you?"

"Lucas calm down." She stated as she held the witches book in her hands. Her eyes were stern and harsh. Her body looked sore from sitting in the chair for so long and she rolled her neck around as a way to simmer the pain and stress I was applying on her shoulders.

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down! My mate, my best friend, my Lizzy is out there in who knows where probably suffering by the hands of some crazy son of a bitch who wants to get back at me for whatever it is that I have done!" I could feel my blood pumping through my veins faster than usual. Luca was about to come out and rip from inside of me. Holding back Luca was like a werewolf trying to fly. If I wasn't with Isabel anytime soon, someone was going to get hurt. And it'd all be by the hands of the demon himself inside of me.

I was loosing myself without her. We both were. What if they hurt her? If they did I swear I'll drag them all to hell and watch them burn and suffer. No one touches my beautiful mate without suffering the conciquesnces. I growled out and held my head which began throbbing and pounding loudly. Loud enough to where it was ringing in my ears.

"Lucas?" Abby said from the chair. Her expression changed to a panic. She ran towards me but I pushed her away.

"Don't!" I growled. She nodded understanding that I wasn't threatening her. I was actually warning her.

'Let me out Lucas! Now!' Luca was becoming a vicious cold bloodied creature. I needed to stop thinking all this negativity because it was only making things worse for him and influencing him to become this way.

'No I will keep you restrained from everyone, is that understood Luca!' I yelled back at him.

'You little bastard! Either you let me out or I'll force my way through!' He threatened.

"Lucas go to her room!" Abby commanded from a far distance. I looked up at her confusingly. "Her scent is what calms you down. The scent of her should still be in there now go!" I ran out before I could thank her. I was on edge and had to get to Isabel's room fast. Some members watched as I ran through them in the hallway and corridors. They all had wary and pitied looks. Few of my pack members understood my wolf situation especially the elders. The ones that knew kept their distance and let me pass by.

I yanked the door open and breathed in deeply. The sweet, tasteful smell of strawberry and vanilla engulfed me. I inhaled repeatedly and exhaled until I felt Luca calm down within me. His tension and rage minimized by a lot and I no longer felt the throbbing pain in my head.

I studied the room and memories filled my head. When I find you Isabel I will show you how much I am committed to protecting you and keeping you safe with me at all times. This time I won't be so naive and foolish. I will be more careful and keep you out of harms way. Then I will claim you as mine. That's the only way I know will make both Luca and I happy.

I love you.

Her voice rang in my ears and I felt pained by it. I know it's only been about seventeen hours now but I wasn't gonna stop there. Every hour that goes by makes things harder on Luca and I. Not to mention Isabel's friends.