Chapter 54

Zayn's P.O.V.

"...here is your key, no smoking inside the building, and we hope you enjoy your stay." The blonde woman at the front desk says.

I'm not actually too sure what hotel we're at. As bad as it sounds, I just followed the pretty boy with the skinny jeans and he led me to a lobby of some hotel.

"Thank you." I say and begin walking away.

"Wait!" She calls after us. "I forgot to give you this sheet. It's your room information and anything else you need to know about this hotel."

I grab the sheet and begin reading over it as we walk away. "Okay...according to this our room is on floor 5, room 512." I tell Liam as we step into the lift.

Not many minutes later, we're entering a small room with two beds, a desk with a spinning chair, a sofa, and a small TV. Simple yet effective.

There's a door to the right which I assume leads to the bathroom, but I don't need to use it so instead I collapse on one of the beds. I claimed the bed closer to the door and all my stuff is scattered around me.

Today has been an exhausting day and I just want to sleep, even though it's only 21:37 according to the clock on the small bedside table.

"The bathroom is quite nice." Liam says, peaking his head out from the doorway.

I raise my eyebrow. "That's great."

He nods. "Yes so...just thought you'd like to know in case you need to shower. Not that you smell or anything just...I mean I think you smell quite nice but like-if you need to it's open and it's nic-"

"Thanks." I say, cutting off his ridiculous rambling. "Are you okay though? You said that you were feeling under the weather?"

He nods. "I drank some of me mums delicious lemon tea and I'm feeling almost 100% again."

"Good." I say. "I think I'm actually just gonna head to bed."

"But Zayn." He says and I look up at him.

"Yes Liam?" I ask.

"You're already in bed." He says, grinning playfully.

The familiar happy spark shows up in his eyes, causing a whole new level of butterflies in my stomach.

"Yes Liam. Yes I am, you are correct." I say while pulling off my shoes. "I meant that I'm going to sleep now."

"But Zayn." He says again and I bite my lip to keep from smiling.

"Yes Liam?" I ask again.

"But I want to talk to you." He says in a more serious tone. "I actually missed you a lot. And I still do because I don't know what we're doing right now but I hate it."

I sigh. "I'm sorry. I'm not really good at...people."

He sits down on the edge of the bed and taps my knee. "I know you aren't but that's okay because neither am I. And that's why I like you...we understand each other and we communicate well." He says, watching my face closely. "At least that's what I thought but I don't know."

I pull a pillow over to me and cuddle it close to my chest. "I don't know."

"You don't know what?" He asks, moving closer.

He reaches for my hand but I pretend not to see him because my mind is really cloudy at the moment.

"I-I don't know." I whisper.

He sighs. "Okay. Zayn do you want to be with me or not? Simple question, simple answer."

I nod. "Of course."

"So why are you blocking yourself off from me? I thought we already went through this when we first started dating but it's like déjà vu." He says, grabbing my wrist.

"I'm not blocking myself off." I argue, frowning. I tug on my sweater nervously. Is it getting hot in here? Or am I just imagining it? This sweater is feeling increasingly itchy and I'm finding it hard to breath.

Liam notices this right away and pulls his hand away. "Hey, I'm here to help you. I'm with you not against you." He says, smiling but I can see the hurt look in his eyes.

I shake my head, doing everything in my power to hold back the tears.

Without thinking twice, I move forward and collapse onto his chest. I wrap my arms around his warm torso as tight as physically possible and my head rests on his shoulder.

I'm very glad to feel him hug back right away and his hands squeeze my hips.

We don't speak for the next 10-15 minutes but we just listen to each other breathing. His heart beat is so steady and calming, I'm close to falling asleep.

His floppy hair is tickling my cheek but I don't even care.

I shift my head to see if Liam fell asleep but I'm surprised to see him just staring down at me. Damn, he's pretty from all angles.

Now that I moved, his hair is tickling my nose and I get the sudden urge to sneeze.

Without thinking, I throw myself off of the bed and I sneeze as soon as I hit the ground. Now the whole left side of my body hurts but at least I didn't snot all over Liam.

"Zayn...what the fuck." He giggles.

I run a hand through my hair. "I had to sneeze." I say, simply.

He shakes his head, laughing. "Just come back up here, idiot."

I shrug and do as he says. I cuddle into his warm side, again but I make sure to move his hair out of the way this time.

"I thought you fell asleep." I whisper.

He smiles. "No but I know that you almost did."

I smile back. "Yes. You calm me."

"You calm me too babe. I love you don't forget that, okay?" He whispers, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

I smile. "And even though I'm annoying sometimes, I love you too."

I can see his lips moving and he's trying to say something to me but I can't really hear him because my eyes are fluttering shut and I'm asleep within seconds.

I'm in the arms of my Liam once again.

(A/N: it's so nice to see lots of you enjoying this story because when I write it's like escaping reality for some time and it's really nice lol sorry I'm not good with words but yes ❤️❤️)