Chapter 56

Zayn's P.O.V.

"Really Zayn?" I hear Liam whining. "We came all the way to London and you're gonna go visit some boring antique shops?"

I pout, turning to face him. "It can be really fun. Please." I beg him, grabbing his hand and squeezing it tight.

A small smile breaks out on his face and I can see him trying to hold it back. He sighs. "You're just too damn cute." He says, pinching my cheek. "Fine, let's go to the antique shops, you old hag."

I grin. "Thanks Li. We don't have to stay there long."

We walk down the crowded sidewalk, hand in hand, while I text my sister to let her know that everything is going alright.

After putting my phone away, I turn to look at Liam. Even from the side, I'm mesmerized by his beauty.

He turns his head and our eyes connect.

"What are we, Li?" I ask, nervously running a hand through my hair.

He chuckles. "Well I love you, and you love me...we're together, yeah? Boyfriends? In a relationship?"

I nod. "Okay, just making sure."

We stop at a cross walk, waiting for the cars to pass. I can see Liam staring at me but I choose to ignore him as I'm lost in thought.

This whole situation is mad, looking at it from the outside, but it feels perfectly natural to me.

The cars stop and we cross the street.

"There it is!" I grin, pulling Liam over to a small shop to the left. "Look at the sick crow in the window, it looks so real."

He just chuckles and follows me inside. Knowing him, he's probably never been at a place like this.

A bell rings above our heads as we step inside, the air in here is a lot cooler than the humid air outside. My eyes immediately land on an older man sitting at the front desk.

"Hello boys." He says. "Looking for anything particular this morning?"

I shake my head, looking at Liam. "No I think we're just looking around."

Talking to new people can be scary for me, my anxiety getting in the way. I feel so much more confident with Liam by my side. All it takes is one smile from him and I feel almost completely at ease.

He surprises me by grabbing my elbow and dragging me to a table with many different lamp shades. "These look sick. When we get our own place one day, it's gonna be far from ordinary, yeah?" He says, his eyes glistening with excitement.

I grin. "Definitely babe." I promise, kissing his cheek.

I hear some shuffling behind us and I turn around to find the man hobbling towards us.

"Sorry to interrupt boys." He mumbles, walking closer. "Are you two together?"

I bite my lip, nodding. Is he going to be rude towards us?

"What you two have is so pure and strong, I can tell from just one glance. You two need to stick together, yeah? Don't let little things tear you apart." He says, and Liam shoots me a confused look. "I had a daughter, she was a bit younger than you two. She came out to me as gay one night. I didn't accept her a-and...she ended her life and I'll never forgive myself, I caused her to end her own life."

I open and shut my mouth, not sure what to say. Thankfully Liam speaks up.

"I'm so sorry. That must've been horrid." He mumbles, glancing down at me with a worried look in his dark eyes.

The older man nods. "It absolutely was. Since that day I've organized pride parades, clubs, and just about anything you can imagine to help children like my own. We're actually having a meeting tonight. If you two wouldn't mind, we'd love to have you come and speak or just hang out with the kids."

My eyes widen. "That's awesome."

Liam nods. "We'd love to come. Just give us the details and we'll be there."

A nervous swarm of butterflies is felt in my stomach when I realize that I'm probably going to have to talk in front of many people. I shake the selfish thought and zone back into the conversation.

"It begins at five, we rented a room in the library so just go to the front desk and they'll tell you where it is." He says. "Thank you boys so much and enjoy the rest of your day."

We thank him and watch as he walks away.

"This was a crazy turn of events." I chuckle.

Liam nods, looking at me. "And knowing you, I know you're nervous but I'll be there with you every step of the way. Like always. We're a team and I think we're gonna be the greatest team till the day we die, yes?"

"I love you." I whisper and peck his lips.

Tonight is going to be fun.