Chapter 35

Zayn's P.O.V.

"...and I swear on my life, Liam. I'm fucking serious. You mean so much to me, I don't think you even realize it." I manage to get out before a tear rolls down my cheek. "I'm sorry for being an idiot and I-"

"Zayn please don't cry." Liam whines, placing his hand on my cheek. It feels very cool against my hot skin. "You're gonna make me cry and then there's gonna be two of us crying and it'll just be embarrassing."

"But I'm a horrible person Li. My dad won't even talk to me anymore and instead of being nice to the one person who cares about me most...I push you away." I whisper, resting my head in my hands.

I feel him grab my wrists and then he intertwines our hands. It's quite a nice feeling. "Yes but you forgot one very important thing." He says, kissing my forehead. The skin that was touched by his plump lips is now tingling.

"Did I?" I ask, resting my head on his strong shoulder.

"Yes Zayn. You did." He chuckles, playing with my long hair. "You forgot that I'm REALLY into you and you're not getting out of this relationship that easily."

I smile up at him, tears still glistening in my eyes. "Stop being so damn cute." I say, my cheeks burning.

He sticks out his tongue, pinching my cheeks. "Did I just make you blush? I did! I just made the almighty Zayn blush." He teases, pecking my lips.

I roll my eyes, blushing even more. "You're such a loser."

"Yes but I'm your loser and you're my loser." He giggles and pokes my cheek again.

I find it a bit funny how Liam is a big, intimidating guy but he also giggles like a little school boy. It's quite cute. His big puppy eyes also add on to the adorableness of his whole being.

I sign in relief and my body collapses on top of his. "I thought you were actually going to leave me. I wouldn't ever forgive myself if I ca-"

"Don't be stupid Zayn. Like I said before, you can't get rid of me that easily." He says, rubbing my back with his large hand.

I press light kisses to the warm skin on his neck as I think his words over. "So...I know you were with Zephyr and all. I don't mind but like...why exactly did you go see him?" I ask, timidly.

He freezes and drops his hand from my back. "You trust me, right?" He mumbles into my hair.

"Of course." I tell him, truthfully.

"I went over there to talk. I didn't want us to end on a bad note, as weird as that may sound. We had a fun few weeks together but I wanted to make it clear that he's a good friend and I don't want us to just stop talking." He tells me.

For some reason, I feel a bit of jealousy inside of me. I choose to ignore the feeling. "Was he angry?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "I think we were both at a point where we're okay to just let go."

I wrap my thin arms around Liam's neck and pull myself closer to his face. "Can we not fight anymore please?" I ask.

Liam chuckles. "I agree. Let's not fight anymore. It's not fun."