Chapter 11

Are you all enjoying this story so far?

Zayn's P.O.V.

I wake up at around 10 am the next morning. Liam and I fell asleep on the couch but we got woken up when a group of drunk people began screaming and running down the hallways at 2 am.

It was a bit awkward since my head fell onto Liam's chest and he had an arm thrown around my waist. We both pulled away and left to our separate rooms without saying anything.

I fell asleep right as my head it the pillow and I didn't wake up until now.

Once again, I have no plans for today. Liam will probably be out with his friends and Niall doesn't come back until late tonight.

I grab my keys and my phone, getting ready to leave the room when I hear shuffling behind me. I turn around to find a sleepy Liam, stepping into the kitchen.

"Morning sunshine." I tease as he yawns and collapses onto the kitchen counter. He's still wearing the same clothes from last night, so am I.

He mumbles something and rubs his eyes. I never thought a big guy like him could be cute. But right now, he looks like an adorable puppy.

"I'm going out for breakfast, need me to get anything for you?" I ask.

He shakes his head and stands up. "I'm coming with you." He says and moves across the room to grab some shoes and his wallet.

I shrug and wait by the door for him. We walk out together and downstairs to the warm California air. It's early in the day, yet already so warm and sunny.

"I'm in love with San Fransisco's weather." I sigh and look around at all the other students walking around on campus.

Liam nods. "It's really nice. Where are we eating?"

I shrug. "I don't really know what's around."

Liam smiles down at me. I pretend not to notice the way that the wind pushes his shirt up, exposed part of his toned stomach. "Well then follow me." He says. "I'm going to take you to my favorite brunch place. It's got any breakfast or lunch food you could ever imagine and it's all healthy and natural. For the most part."

"What is it called?" I ask

"The Brunch Palace." He says in a dramatic voice and does an awkward jazz hand movement.

I laugh at him and his chocolate eyes sparkle. "The jazz hands sold me over. I'm in." I say and grab his large hand, without thinking. "Your fingers are so long but muscular." I say, in awe.

I notice the way he studies my face for a moment before answering. "They can be used for many things." He whispers and winks.

My jaw drops. "Li-"

He groans. "Yea yea I know. I'm too sexual. Whatever."

I laugh and nudge him with my shoulder. "I was just gonna ask you what kind of things you were talking about?"

He raises an eyebrow at me. "They're good for like...piano and stuff."

I laugh. "Well okay."

The car ride is awkward. It's filled with a weird, unknown tension between us. It feels like we both want to say something but we don't have the courage to say it.

"Pull off the highway at the next exit." Liam instructs me. We're taking my rental car to the cafe.

I do as he says and we're now driving past a little neighborhood, surrounded by many trees. It looks a lot like the neighborhood that I grew up in, making me feel homesick yet again. God, I'm such a baby.

"Uh oh. I know that look." I hear Liam says and I turn around to find him staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You're homesick." He states.

I shrug. "Yea, I have been since I got here." I admit.

"Don't worry, it's a normal thing that everyone goes through. It'll get easier once you get to visit home a couple times." He assures me and I lean my head back against the seat.

"Do you still get homesick?" I ask when we stop at a stop sign.

"Of course I do. I made the stupid mistake of pushing my family away from me, thinking it would make me feel better. Don't do that." He chuckles, dryly as we drive off again.

"I'll keep that in mind." I chuckle.

The last two minutes of the trip is spent with a calm silence. It's not awkward, just kind of nice.

We pull into the busy parking, filled with families and other college students. Thankfully, there isn't a wait so we're seated right away. We get a nice booth in the back. It's quiet and private so we don't have to deal with other customers.

"Wow, the menu has five pages." I notice, flipping through the different sections. They've got everything from pancakes to burgers.

"Yea, what're you feeling?" He asks, his brown eyes skimming the many pages, like me.

"Mm...maybe a waffle? Ooh or maybe an omelet? But they have so many egg options, this is torture." I groan.

Liam chuckles. "Why not get it all?"

I roll my eyes. "First, I don't have a lot of money. And also, not everyone is blessed with a nice body like yours. I've got to work for mine."

His eyes watch my closely. "You're joking right? You've got an amazing body, Zee. I have fat lumps on my stomach and thighs that I can never get rid of."

I scoff. "It's all muscle. You're fucking perfect." I say and his eyes widen. I mentally face palm, realizing what I just said. "I mean like...I wish my body was more like yours...you know?"

Breakfast goes by smoothly and by the time we're driving back, we're talking and laughing like old friends. You would've never guessed that we've only met a few days prior.

I can sense a strong natural bond between us that I've never experienced.