Chapter 47

Liam's P.O.V.

I'm watching Zayn's face closely, he looks fucking terrified. I don't blame him, his family is putting him in a terrible position.

I told him that I wouldn't mind if he chose his family, but in all honesty, I don't know how I can live without him. Of course I want him to be happy but the selfish side of me NEEDS HIM to be with me.

It's terribly quiet in the room, I can feel all eyes watching us but it makes no difference to me. When I'm looking at my boyfriend, it's like we're the only two people in the room. Everyone else is irrelevant.

I pat Zayn's thigh to calm him. He gives me a sad look and sighs. He drops his head to look at his fiddling hands and his dark hair falls over his eyes, making him seem more dark and mysterious.

It's really fucking hot and I can't wait to bury my ten inches inside him later tonight. I take a deep breath to calm my frustrated thoughts and run a hand through my hair.

"Okay." He says, his voice shaky. "You all brought me up and this is all so...so unfair." He sobs, making my heart hurt. "I-I...I choose my family. I'm so sorry Liam." He says, heavy tears flowing down his face.

It feels as if all the air has been sucked out of my lungs and my heart skips a couple beats. Zayn is leaving me?? He chooses his homophobic family over me?

Everyone else sighs in relief. His whole family, other than Waliyha, are sending me dirty looks. They just don't understand and I don't want Zayn to stay here. I know he won't be happy.

"That's fine." I lie and give him my best fake smile, although my whole body is beginning to shake. "I'll just go get my stuff."

"Wait Lia-"

"It's fine." I say. My whole body is taken over by a numb feeling and I suddenly feel as if I'm dreaming. Somehow, my legs carry me back to the guest room where I collapse on the edge of the bed.

I fumble to grab my two bags that I brought with me. But Zayn and I were going to have so much fun this summer. Now what?

Maybe if I can talk to him alone, I can convince him to come with me. We can run away together, just him and I.

With the slightest bit of hope back in my head, I confidently grab my bags and step back out into the dining room.

I see Waliyha giving me a sympathetic look. I shoot a wink in her direction, trying to look okay even though I'm falling apart inside.

"Zayn?" I whisper. "Can I talk to you outside?"

He nervously glances at his mum and then back to me. "I-I think it'll be easier if you j-just leave."

I open and close my mouth, not knowing what to say. I just nod and turn around.

"Thank you for the dinner." I say before stepping outside and shutting the door behind me.

I don't feel anything. I can't tell whether it's cold or hot. It might even be raining but I don't notice because I'm doing everything in my power to get to my car without collapsing.

Once I'm inside I sit with my hands on the wheel, my eyes locked on the tree in front of me, for at least ten minutes. I'm not crying, I'm far too shocked for that right now.

The whole situation hasn't sunken in yet and I realize that I should find a hotel room where I can think everything through without any distractions.

Did Zayn really choose his cold, judgmental family over me? I thought he loved me. I guess the feelings weren't mutual. This always happens. I always care way more about others than they care about me.

It's okay. He'll soon realize what mistake he made and he'll call me soon apologizing and begging for me to come back. We can then stay in the hotel room together, right? We can watch a movie and relax, maybe get a bit intimate. And tomorrow morning we'll wake up in each other's arms and laugh about how he almost made such a terrible mistake...right?

I sure hope so.

But for now, I pull out onto the highway and try to find the nearest hotel. My phone is on full volume, waiting for that one phone call from my love, Zayn.

He'll call soon. I'm sure.

Six hours later, I'm still waiting patiently. Although now there is big, hot tears running down my face and I realize that Zayn might have already moved on.

This is really over?