Chapter 44

Zayn's P.O.V.
*summer break*

"Liam...I'm not sure this is a great idea." I say as we pull into the driveway of my house.

I've been in contact with my sister and she urged me to bring Liam home. Waliyha promised me that everyone loves me but I still have a bad feeling about it.

"Zayn, I won't go in if you don't want me to but I think this'll be a great way to show your family how amazing you still are, no matter what." He says, giving my hand a squeeze. "And I can be there to support you through the whole thing."

I sigh and hide my face in my hands. "But this is so scary, Li. This is the first time that I'm going to face them since they found out."

I hear some shuffling and then I feel my seatbelt buckle being unbuckled. Liam's strong arms wrap around me as he lifts me up and sets me down in his lap.

He doesn't release his tight grip on my body as I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I know it can be scary, but don't forget that we're in this together, Z." He says and rubs my back. "Waliyha said they all still love you. It'll be okay."

I feel a hot tear roll down my cheek and I lift up my face to press little kisses to Liam's face. "I love you." I mutter. "So much."

"Hey hey hey!" He says and gently pushes me away. "Why are you crying now, silly? You're my little baby boy and I promised everything would be okay, didn't I?"

I smile through the tears and shake my head. "No I'm crying because I'm happy. You make me so happy. I don't know what I ever did to deserve you but you're so fucking amazing, Li. I'm serious."

He pouts and hides his face into my chest. "Stop being so cute, you're going to make me cry." He mumbles and I giggle, kissing the top of his soft head. I can't help but notice that he smells like rather feminine shampoo but I love it.

"Look at how pathetic we are. Two men crying in a car because we're happy." I say, causing Liam to burst out laughing. Liam's genuine laugh is not a thing I get to hear often but when I do, it's truly an amazing moment that I appreciate.

"You're right. Let's get out of here." He giggles and grabs my hand. "Let's go see your family now."

We stumble out of the car, giggling and kissing each other as we walk to the front door. I ring the doorbell, way too interested in watching Liam fixing his hair. I didn't even realize that the door opened until I hear my mothers voice.

"Zayn." She says, quite sternly. "I didn't realize you were bringing Luke."

I bite my lip, the whole happy mood turning rather serious in the matter of seconds.

I take a deep breath and wipe my clammy hands against my joggers. "Mum, this is Liam." I say.

She sighs and shakes her head. "Come in."

I give Liam a nervous smile as we make our way inside. He gives me a thumbs up and a wink which gives me enough motivation to not break down crying right then and there.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, noticing how quiet the house is as we make our way to the kitchen.

"They're visiting family. They'll be back later tonight. Would you boys like some water?" She asks, pulling out two bottled waters.

I end up drinking all of it within a couple seconds because the awkward silence between the three of us is so painful.

"So Liam..." Mum finally speaks up. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Liam bites his lip, shifting his eyes towards me. "Um no...I am gay."

She just sighs. "But after you get over this gay phase with my son...you'll want to settle down with a beautiful girl, right?"

He just chuckles. "No I definitely want to settle down with a beautiful boy one day."

Mum shakes her head and turns to me. "Zayn this is ridiculous. You're too young to know for sure that you're...you're a fag. Please don't go down this dark path. Where did I go wrong? You were such a good boy and now...now you're going to hell, Zayn! I failed as a parent."

I feel tears pricking at the back of my eyes and I look down at my hands. "But I'm happy, mum."

She shakes her head. "I'm sorry Zayn but I'm not going to support you as you set yourself up for burning in hell forever. You have to choose...it's either Liam or this family."

I gasp, my heart racing. By now, tears have spilled over my eyes and they're burning my cheeks.

"You can't p-possibly have me choose b-"

"You did this to yourself." She says, no sympathy in her cold eyes.

Stupid Liam. He lied. He said everything would be okay but now I'm going to have to lose someone that I love.

My family means everything to me. My sisters were my best friends growing up. As much as we said we hated each other, we loved each other.

I love my mum and dad. They raised me and taught me how to talk, how to walk, how to eat. Although they didn't always give me what I wanted, they always made sure I had what I needed.

I can't just leave all of this behind for some boy.

My eyes are burning as I turn towards Liam. The love of my life. My heart aches incredibly as I take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry Liam." I whisper.

Gay Is Bad-ZiamOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara