Chapter 45

Zayn's P.O.V.

Liam looks clearly hurt and surprised as I reach forward to grab his hand. We fit so well together, I was serious when I said Liam is my home.

"O-ok?" Liam stutters and I feel his large hands beginning to shake.

I take a deep breath and nod. "I'm sorry that I dragged you all the way out here to be treated like crap by my own mother." I say and I can hear her gasp.

I feel bad about speaking about my mum this was, but she has no right to disrespect Liam the way that she did.

He furrows his thick eyebrows, the confusion clear on his tan face. "So you're not l-leaving me?" He asks. I'm surprised by the amount of insecurity that covers his voice which is usually strong and confident.

I shake my head, cupping his beautiful face in my hands. "Of course not, Li." I say and turn to my mother who has a troubled look on her face. "I was hoping you'd be more supportive of me. I love you but I will not let Liam go. He's the best thing that's happened to me in a while."

She furrows her eyebrows and fixes her hair, nervously. "Zayn just think about this, okay? You have until dinner to make a decision."

"Okay." I sigh.

"Go ahead and set your stuff down. I hope you make the right decision." Mum says, giving me a look. She then turns around and continues cleaning the kitchen counters as if the whole conversation never happened.

"Thank you for the water." Liam says, throwing the empty bottle into the bin.

I give him a smile, knowing that my mum loves kind and respectful people like Liam. I hope one day she will realize what an amazing person he is.

I lead Liam to the guest bedroom where we set down all of our stuff. I collapse onto the big bed and try very hard not to start bawling my eyes out like a little kid, once again.

I feel a warm body next to mine and I look over to see Liam laying on his back, staring at the ceiling.

"You really scared me earlier, Z." He chuckles nervously. "I really thought you were going to break up with me, without a second thought, and send me home."

I shake my head and roll over so I'm laying on Liam's warm chest. "I love you so much." I promise him. "You're my fucking rock. I'd go crazy without you." I whisper.

He pokes my cheek. "Well I'm honestly not too crazy about you. You're pretty gross." He teases.

I gasp, sitting up. "I'll have you know, I shower quite often."

He shakes his head, giggling like a little boy. "No you're pretty gross."

I cross my arms, pouting. "So tell me. How am I so gross?"

"You're pretty gross because when you smile, your adorable little tongue pokes through your teeth. Also you're gross because you bite your lip when you're concentrating and it turns me on so I can't focus on my school work. I just wanna pin you to the wall and fuck you so hard, you'll never walk the same again. You're gross because you absentmindedly play with my fingers when you're nervous about something, like a stupid essay or speech that you have to give. You're also gross because you always smell fucking amazing. So yeah...you're so gross, Z. Ew." He says, his dark eyes sparkling with genuine happiness.

I feel a huge smile on my face, it's one I definitely can't hold back. I feel butterflies attacking my stomach.

Liam smirks. "There's that tongue again." He says, poking my lip.

" He says, poking my lip

"You know...that's always been an insecurity of mine." I say and fix a loose hair that's out of place on his perfect head. "So thank you."

He scrunches up his nose and shakes his head. "No it's totally gross."

"Fuck you." I giggle and kiss his plump lips. They feel soft and perfect, like always. How does he do it?

"Yes please." He says and pecks my lips again. "Please fuck me."

I pull away to see him smirking at me. "Now you're the gross one. You're like every fuckboy in high school."

"But...I'm your fuckboy and you're mine." He says.

Just as I open my mouth to respond, my phone buzzes and it's a text from my mum, reminding me that dinner is in 20 minutes and I have to make the decision.

Way to ruin the light, playful mood once again.