Chapter 46

Zayn's P.O.V.

Many stressful minutes later, I hear the front door open and many loud voice soon fill the quiet house. I smile nervously at Liam who's already looking at me, nothing but love in his eyes.

"I guess it's time for you to meet my family." I say and grab his hand to help him stand up.

He nods. "I'm excited to finally meet Waliyha. But before we go, I want you to know that I'm not pressuring you to make any decision but I don't want you to leave your family behind just for me, okay? I'd love to be with you for the rest of my life but I'd feel very guilty if I took you away from your family."

I nod. "Liam just trust me, yeah?"

He smiles and kisses my cheek. "I trust you with all my heart, babe. And I won't be upset with you if you choose your family over me, okay?"

I kiss his lips, my hands already shaking from the stress. "Let's just see what happens. I love you." I remind him.

"I love you more, Z."

My heart races as I open the door and walk down the hall. Nobody notices me at first, they're all laughing at something on Safaa's phone. I can't help but feel a bit left out. While I've been away at school, they've all obviously gotten a lot closer.

Liam gives me an encouraging nod and I decide to speak up.

"Hello!" I say, awkwardly.

They all turn around and nobody says anything. Just as I'm preparing for the ground to open up and swallow me whole, Waliyha's eyes light up.

"Zayn!" She squeals. "Liam! I didn't know you were coming."

I smile in relief as my little sister jumps into my arms. She's not that little, to be honest. She's almost an adult and that blows my mind.

I rub her back as she squeezes me tight. "I love you." She whispers.

"I love you too." I say, genuinely.

She pulls away and gives Liam a big hug, which makes me very happy. I hug the rest of my family too, which is strange to say the least.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's as if they're putting up a cold front towards me. They say they missed me, but their eyes tell a different story.

I don't let it bother me, instead I follow everyone into the living room where dinner is served. I sit down next to Liam and put a napkin over my lap.

After settling down, we begin talking about California.

"So how is the weather over there? Is it true that it's always hot?" Doniya asks. She's been watching me closely all day and it's scaring me.

I chuckle and nod. "Not always but yes, the weather is really nice usually."

"And how are the guys? Are they beautiful like in all the movies?" Waliyha asks, twirling her hair.

I bite my lip, nervously glancing at my parents who are giving Waliyha stern looks. She's ignoring them.

"Well I didn't pay attention to any other guys because I have Liam." I say, a smile forming on my face.

Waliyha rolls her eyes. "Oh come on! You didn't even see one other attractive guy?"

Liam nudges me and I look up to see him smirking. "Well there was that one guy at Starbucks. Don't lie, I saw you looking at him."

I gasp. "What? No! Liam I swe-"

"Z, it's okay. He was pretty attractive." He teases.

I open my mouth to argue back, but my father is very quick to change the subject. There's an uncomfortable tension in the room and I hold back the tears.

I miss my family.

As dinner comes to an end, I know it's time to make my decision. Mum gives me a look and I nod, sighing.

"Everybody listen up!" She says, interrupting any conversations that were happening. "As you all know, in this family we do not support homosexuality. Zayn, we all love you but you are going against everything you've ever been taught in this house. For this reason, we cannot keep this nonsense going on." She says, looking at Liam. I'm looking at my hands, doing everything in my power to stop my tears from falling.

"Before dinner, I told Zayn he had a choice. He can live here with us, keep life going normally, but he has to stop seeing Liam. The other option is he goes back to Liam but we never speak to him again." She says, no emotion on her face.

It's funny how the room is completely silent, but nobody heard the sound of my heart shattering into a million pieces just now.

"Mum, you can't be serious." Waliyha speaks up.

"Zayn." My father says. "What path will you choose? Be loved by your family who brought you up since day one? Or burn in hell with Liam?"

I bite my lip as hard as I can, it's the only thing I can do at this point to stop the tears. Whatever I choose, I'm not going to be happy.

I take one last glance at Liam who is shaking his head, tears pooling in his dark eyes. I feel so bad. He doesn't deserve this. I dragged him into this.

"M-mum please I-I do-"

"Zayn! I am asking you one last time to make a decision or we are going to have to ask you to leave." She says, her cold eyes peering down at me.

"I-I choose..."

Cliffhanger ;). It kind of blows my mind that people actually enjoy reading this, thank you ❤️.