twenty-six

Lexa's POV
We were making our way back to Ethan and Grayson's house and I could tell that aria was upset. She kept on fiddling with the fingers and the zipper on her jacket.

"Hey, you and Ethan are going to work out. I promise." I say, pressing my hand on her shoulder.

"One minute I'm all he wants then the next he's looking at you." She sighs.

"Come on, Ethan is over me. He told me he likes you and he only looks at me in a friend way." I say trying to think back to the way Ethan looked at me when we met.

"I think he's still into you and I'm just what he's using to get over you."

"Don't say that, it's not true." I sigh as we walked to their door, knocking and waiting patiently.

"Come in." Ethan yelled. We walked in and Ethan was a sat the kitchen counter.

"Um, I'll go see Grayson. You two talk." I walked up stairs, making my way over to Grayson's door.

Grayson's POV
"I did not!" I yelled, tackling Lexa.

"Yes, you messaged me first!" She laughed, trying to escape from my arms.

"Okay maybe I did, but if I didn't we would be here would we?" I asked, holding both her hands.

"Maybe not, would you like that?" She raised an eyebrow and smile.

"Yes, that would be the day." I sighed and she pushed me, she's so cute.

Lexa's POV
"Thank you for today, it was fun." I smiled and gave him a light kiss on the lips. His hand moved to my waist and he pulled my into a more rougher kiss. "Grayson, we can't right now." I said pulling away.

"Why not." He says sitting back down.

"Because tonight we are meant to hang out with our friends, who are probably doing that right now but we gotta go down." He sighed, standing up.

"Fine." He smiled and we go down stairs, Ethan and aria were sitting with a scary movie ready to play.

"About time." Ethan sighed pulling the remote up and pressing play. Grayson and I took a seat on one couch and aria and Ethan were on the other. I laid on Grayson's right side and cuddled up to him.

Aria and Ethan we on opposite ends of the couch, I wanna gonna get up and pull Ethan out to talk but I didn't bother. I kept looking back and they weren't getting any closer, our take out arrived and I took this chance. "Grayson, aria you go get it okay. I need to talk to Ethan."

Ethan eyes widened, "sure." Grayson smiled, helping aria of the couch. I stood up and sat beside Ethan, hugging around his side.

"Ethan, I thought you liked aria. What are you doing?" I asked.

"Watching a movie."

"Ethan, don't push me." I said sitting off him, crossing my legs and facing him. "Why aren't you guys cuddled on the couch already, you both want to date."

"It's not that simple, I don't wanna hurt her." he looked down, biting his lip.

"E you wo-"

"And I guess part of me doesn't think all my chances with you are gone." He cut me off.

"Ethan." I said putting my hand on his knee.

"I'm sorry, I know I don't and won't get that option but part of me still wants it." He isn't even looking at me. Grayson and aria walked back in, putting the food on the table. I move away from Ethan and hug Grayson. I need him right now.

We ate in silence as the movie continued to play, I look at Ethan and he looked so sad but angry at the same time. "I'm done, this is Boring." Ethan stood up and left out the door. I looked at aria, she was upset too.

"I'll go see him." I said standing up and leaving. I walked up stairs and knocked on Ethan's bedroom door. "Ethan, it's me." I said softly.

"Go away." He cried, he's crying I can't leave.

I pushed the door opened and he was sitting on the side of his bed, with his face buried in his hands. "Ethan, talk to me." I said, I slowly walked over and sat beside him. "Ethan, please."

"Shut my door then." He said.

Is it really necessary? Why does he want me too. I obeyed and walked over shutting the door. "Now will you talk?" I asked, sitting back beside him.

"I can't do this lex." He said.

"You like me still?"

"Yes and I like aria. I'm afraid I might rush her, like I almost hurt you that night a lachies party."

"Ethan that's past, you aren't like that anymore." I said hugging him.

"I'm not but what if I turn back into that guy." I put his head down, he cried.

I pulled him in my arms, "Ethan, you are you and you can't control that. She likes you a lot, just hug her and find your way into a relationship. If you are worried about hurting her then tell her Ethan. Don't just let her hang, she probably feels like she did something wrong."

"I think I might stay up here for the rest of the night." He said.

"You sure?" I asked and he just nodded. I stood up and walked down stairs, if he isn't coming down, we are going up. "Get off your butts, we are going to Es room!" I demanded.

"What, why?" Grayson asked.

"I want a night for us and if he won't come down then we are going up." I said grabbed Grayson's shirt and pulling him off the couch, then I grabbed arias hand and pulled her up.

"Ethan." I yelled opening his door, but he wasn't there. I walked over to hit bed and saw a note with my name, I grabbed it before Grayson and aria saw it. His window was open and Grayson's ran over to it.

"He's gone, he left out the window." I turned to Grayson, shoving the note into my pocket.

A/N
Homies, this book might end soon.
Don't worry, there will be a sequel I'm sure.
Thinking of a way to end it for a while.
-dolansftpizza