fourteen

olivia jensen

I was at the airport, my legs were shaking. my dad is alive and I get to see him, I don't understand how he could be alive.

my mum and cali ran, colliding with him as I slowly walked towards him. I wasn't happy he was back, he lied about being dead.

-

"olivia, why don't we cook up popcorn and watch something?" he asked.

"no thanks." I walked upstairs. I laid in my bed, grabbing my phone.

grayson

you up?

yeah you wanna chill
at the park?

I can't now my dad is here
and I don't know how he
will take the news of his little
girl having a boy friend, having
sleepovers. also hanging out
in the street at night, my life is
gonna be hell again.

ethan and I are watching
a movie but I want you to
be here.

wish I could be, i'll text
you in the morning.

•••

I switched off my phone and closed my eyes, I thought about stuff all night. where had he been? why hadn't he called?

-

I was woken up at three am to my parents yelling. I held my pillow over my head, trying to ignore it but my door opened making it louder.

I looked up, but I couldn't see shit so I flicked my light on. "I can't sleep." cali stood by the door, after he shut it.

"come here." he walked over and I moved over making room for him.

"do you know why they're fighting."

"I don't know anything." I spoke.

-

next morning I woke up to a silent house, not a sound. cali had left my room, so I got up, going downstairs. I put some bacon in the frying pan and then door began knocking, I walked over and opened to grayson holding a bunch of flowers.

"they are beautiful." I spoke.

"they are yours."

I leant forward, hugging him. I put them in a vase with water and put them in my room, when I returned down stairs I saw my dad.

"who's this." he raised his voice, staring at grayson.

"grayson, the one I always you'd to talk about when you were actually around."

"he doesn't look he is seventeen."

"he is, do you want a birth certificate? oh and for more information he is my boyfriend, just cause you're back doesn't mean rules are gonna change okay." I spat, grabbing grayson's hand and walking upstairs. I heard yelling but chose to ignore it.

"maybe I should leave." grayson whispered.

"no you're staying, he has to deal to get over it somehow." I rolled my eyes and plopped down on my bed. grayson sat beside me and connected his hand with mine, he knew that I wasn't okay.

"boyfriend huh?"

"well I just wanted to annoy him."

"would it be terrible if I was."

"was?"

"your boyfriend."

I was about to speak when the smoke alarm went off, "fuck, my bacon." I left go of his hand and ran downstairs.

my bacon was shrivelled and black and the kitchen was smoked out, grayson laughed at me and I had to throw it out. "let's go get breakfast, i'll shout." grayson said.

"okay." we walked back upstairs and I changed clothes, I mean I wasn't gonna go out in my pjs.

-

we ordered and I got a bacon and egg muffin with a chocolate milkshake, and fuck is was good.

I saw a girl looking over at me and she was smiling, I smiled back. after our meal we got up to pay and she ran over to me. "hey this might come across weird, but I love your outfit." she smiled.

"thank you that's so sweet." I smiled and then Grayson wrapped his arms around me. "i've never really had a girl compliment me." I laughed.

"why not? you're gorgeous, you're style is so me and I couldn't help but come over to tell you that you look beautiful today. I like spreading joy and i'm new so I thought it wouldn't be so bad to be nice." she smiled.

"i'm new around here too, I just moved here from australia, i'm olivia."

"i'm aria, I moved here from la."

"I lived there for a few years." grayson spoke, "i'm grayson by the way."

"nice to meet you grayson, well I might see you again one day. i'm working so I better work." she laughed.

she left, then grayson and I left the cafe. "she seemed really nice." I said grabbing grayson's hand.

"yeah, she might even become your friend. I can see the two of you hanging out."

"weirdly so can I." I laughed and he wrapped his arm over my shoulder. we went home and had a chill day, watching movies and eating food, along with ethan. I slowly dozed off, considering the amour of sleep I actually got last night.

grayson dolan

when she fell asleep I listened to her breathing, taking in how lucky I was to have her. I wanted her to be my girlfriend, but I was nervous to ask.