seventeen

alexandra mellet

my father gripped my arm tight dragging me home, "you're hurting me."

"olivia, you're living under my roof. you go by my rules, you can't just stay somewhere without word. even with word, you won't be sleeping at your boyfriends."

"under your roof? that's funny... you literally got here yesterday? you fucking left us. you died remember? maybe you fucking should've ." I yelled. her stopped, raising his hand and hitting me, hard.

I was on the ground holding my face, he didn't give two shits about me. father of the year he is.

"who's sweatshirt is that?" he said grabbing it by the collar, pulling me onto my feet. "take it off."

"stop, i'm not wearing anything underneath." I spat.

"okay I see how it is, you get a call and chuck on the nearest shirt because you can't find you're own top. fucking slut." he yelled.

"we went swimming for fuck sake." I yelled pulling my sweatshirt back down.

"go to you're room and take it off." I ran to my room and slammed my door. I grabbed my bag and started shoving in my clothes around the place and my phone charger. I opened the window, I jumped and hit the floor pretty hard but when I got up, I ran.

I got to grayson's house seeing him through his window with his phone to his ear and his other head to his head. my phone began viabrating in my pocket and I let it go to voice mail, I can't go to him. my dad would just find me, I have to run from him too.

I sat on the road, until his light went out. tears rolled down my face, I had to leave.

I found my way to the train station and bought a random ticket to a town about an hour away. I needed space, I didn't know what I was gonna do there... I just time to clear my head.

grayson dolan

I gripped my hand in my hair sitting on my bed, I tried calling and calling but she never answered. I need to know she's okay and I can't wait for tomorrow. I chucked my shirt on and walked down stairs to the front door, I walked down to her house and knocked on her door. her mum answered, thank god.

"grayson leave, now is not a good time.."

"I just need to know she's okay, her dad told me to care for her okay. that is what I am here to do, i'd never hurt her, I just need to know she is here and safe." I said taking a step back.

she let out a sigh and hung her head down, "grayson, you're right. she is upstairs but you can't see her okay."

"please, just one minute." I begged, she gave in, opening the door more so I could enter. we walked slowly upstairs and her mum knocked on her door. no response, so we just walk in, she wasn't insight but her window wide open.

-

I left in panic, I checked the park. nope. my house. nope. I grabbed my phone, calling her and she didn't answer.

olivia

olivia just went to your
house, where are you?

read

need to know you're safe,
come back.

read

olivia?

read

see you reading my
messages, olivia please
just let me know. I need to
know you're okay.

read

I love you.

read

•••

olivia jensen

I sat on the train, reading all messages. tears were running down my cheeks. his last text broke my fucking heart.

-

I woke up to a woman poking me, "this is the last stop, it's time to get off." I must of fell asleep. I grabbed my bag and thanked her before getting off. I looked around this little town. It was a quiet morning, still dark and empty.

I went to what looked like a twenty four hour store. I walked in and got and a bottle of water and some snacks, I payed and left. I walked to a bench across the road and ate. food always makes me happy, but it changed nothing.

I looked around and some cars started moving around, people must have early starts. as the sunrised it got warm on my skin, I was still in grayson's sweatshirt and I hugged it so tight.

-

at like eight am, I decided to walk along the beach, it was nice and calm. I saw a man with what looked like his daughter and there dog. that used to be me sitting on my dads shoulder now look at me. I turned on my phone to notice a huge bruise on my left side of my face.

I found a public toilet and fixed my self up, I braided my hair and washed my face. the bruise was about the side of a a tennis ball, it was huge. I can't believe I cried over his fake death, I fucking hate his guts.