two

lexa

I woke up to the light coming through the cracks in my curtains, I must of fell asleep packing again. I mean i've consistently done it for the past two weeks in a row. it's pretty tiring.

the house was pretty empty now, I only had my bed left and a couple other things lying around. we leave this wednesday, it's so insane.

I stood up, and walked out of my room and into the bathroom. I turned the tap on, splashing my face with water, putting my hair in a messy bun.

i'm excited to see what it's like to have a summer break and go to an american school, australian schools are very different.

I walked over to my phone and seeing the time to calculating that it was around 6:00pm in new jersey.

grayson

only a couple days left!!!

I can't wait to hug you.

me too.

ahhh fuck.
I just got called for dinner,
i'll text you after?

alright.

———

I turned off my phone and walked down stairs to make breakfast, I poured the cereal and opened the fridge to see no milk.

"mum we need milk!" I yelled.

"i'm right here," she hissed, walking around the corner with two handfuls of shopping bags. I scammed throughout the items, finding the milk.

I poured a decent amount into the bowl, before scooping spoonfuls into my mouth. "i'm going to see megan today, but i'll be home later to help with more stuff."

"alright, might have a break day anyway."

"can I borrow he car." I smiled.

"to megan's and back, that's it okay."

"thank you."

"you excited for tomorrow??" she smiled.

"yes and no, I mean it's our last sleepover."

"yeah, i'm gonna miss you." she frowned. "we will facetime and talk everyday okay, and you have to tell me everything about grayson." she smiled.

"I promise, i'll tell you every detail."

we just spent the day efficiently, know our time was limited. the memories, the thoughts... I didn't think it would effect me that much, but it did, I was going to miss her.

I got home and saw that out shipping container had arrived. I pulled the car quickly into the driveway, running inside.

"I know I said I wasn't going to have a day off, but the container is so exciting." she smiled.

"yeah, it is." I spoke.

we got to excited I even packed down my bed, leaving my room with a suitcase, a pillow, a blanket and my essentials.

"fuck." I spoke to myself, the house was so empty now. everything was so real.

I woke up to the light, due to no curtains. I stretched my body out, yawning. "did you always have this."

I jumped, turning to see megan lent against my door holding up my teddy bear. "jesus, what are you doing here."

"it's our last full day together, not gonna waste time... so?" she spoke, shaking the bear.

"grayson sent it to me for my fourteenth." I spoke.

"wow he really is adorable, trying to steal my best friend."

"yeah," I laughed, as if he wasn't my best friend.

"you need to get dressed, there's been a slight change in plans."

"already? it's so early."

"well it's midday..."

"right, what's the plan than."

"you can't know, where's the fun in that?"

"fine, i'm going for shower now." I spoke standing up, walking towards my bathroom.

"do you think i'll ever see you again?" she asked, she seemed so down, so immediately.

"of corse," I spoke, doubting I would. "i'll try to come and visit soon." I lied.

"I love you." she smiled, walking over to embrace me into a hug.

I pulled away and looked at her, "I love you too, it's not like we can talk everyda-" I was cut off by her hand cupping my face, pulling me into a kiss.

I lifted my hands onto chest quickly, pushing her away as I took a step back. "I didn't mean it like that, you know that."

"I thought maybe- I don't know, it was stupid." she turned away, kicking her foot across the carpet. "it's fine lexa, go have your shower." she spoke.

I was shocked, I mean how else would you be. I turned, entering the bathroom and locking the door behind me.

I placed the towel on the sink, staring into the mirror whilst pulling my hair out of its overnight loose low pony tail. I hooked my scrunchie onto the back of the door, avoiding misplacing it.

I turned the tap, getting undressed as the water turned warm. I tested with my hand before getting in the shower.

I quickly washed my body and hair, before stepping out. I wrapped my towel around myself and walked back to my room.

"what should I wear?" I asked her and tipped out my clothes on the floor, I was trying to pretend like she hadn't just kissed me, like this wasn't awkward at all. I brushed my teeth and my hair as she picked my clothes.

"these!" she passed me some skinny blue jeans, and a shirt grayson had sent me and my white vans.

"cute." I said grabbing them and walking back into the bathroom to get changed.

I walked out, looking at my outfit in my body length mirror. "damn daniel," I turned, spotting my mum in the door way.

"oh my god stop." I cringed.

"you look good." megan smiled.

"alright, well let's go."

a/n
megan