She didn't reply and followed my lead, I could hear how her heartbeat was increasing rapidly.

"Probably I should brought a jacket, I don't want you to get cold"

She nodded slowly, as if she was agreeing with me. I sighed, I couldn't even talk to her anymore, she was way too damaged.

The dark, rusty gate of the cemetery opened even before we reached it. A crowd of people was walking out, all dressed in black.

I held Avril tighter to my side when she shuddered at the sight.

As they walked, my mother was cuddling Louis; Jack's mate and mother of Cloe and Cameron. My mother kept trying to calm her down, but Louis kept sobbing and sniffing.

Jack was a bit more controlled, but his glazy eyes and the bags under his eyes were visible from a mile away. His twin, Steven was walking next to him, trying to give him comfort. Dad was with them, a hand over Jack's shoulder to offer him support. He looked our way for a second, he gave me a Avril and sad smile before he turned his face away.

Behind them, Steven's mate, Carla, was walking with Elliot's arms around her waist.

The gate closed, and guy in a hoodie came out last. I recognized him right away, he was my best friend, my Beta; Cameron.

He put his hoodie down and ran a hand over his cheek, as if he was trying to clean it. He wasn't fooling me thou, I knew him way too well to know that he was trying to be tough.

He looked up and saw us, without wasting a second he walked in our direction.

Avril took a step back, but I stopped her before she could walk away.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"I shouldn't be here" she whispered "They're her family.."

"You are her family too, remember?"

"But I didn't even knew her" she protested "Not like they did, and... and probably they don't want me here anyways"

"Avril, nobody is blaming you for this" I cupped her face "It's not your fault"

Tears ran down her cheeks, I used my thumbs to wipe them away.

I released my hold on her when Cameron stood in front of us, immediately Avril looked down.

"He didn't say anything" Cameron growled

"Roger?"

"Yes! The F*cking Roger!" He exploded

"I told you I was going to that. Go home with your parents, I'll make sure he cooperates"

Cameron clenched his fist and looked away, his eyes told me that he wanted to kill someone.

We didn't know who did it, when we found them there was no one there. The Bennetts said it had been a criminal, a witch, but they didn't give us details. 

And that's what Cameron wanted.

"They didn't tell you..." Avril whispered

Cameron's eyes locked on hers, as if he hadn't noticed she was there before. Once he did that, his eyes softened, and slowly they turned glazy.

"Cameron" Avril sobbed as she wrapped her arms around him "I'm sorry"

"You're sorry?" He sniffed "Why would you be sorry?"

"I shouldn't have come" she said agaist his chest "It's my fault"

"No, it's not" he wrapped his arms around her