Meet the Parents

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Oh how I love a challenge, I said flapping my wings harder to catch up with him. I flapped them as hard as I could manage and wound up right next to him. Hmm seems like he’s not that fast, or he’s really holding out. I smiled flying past him and all the other dragons that were flying to their designated destination. I probably looked like a cloud or something at the speed I was going at.  Then when I looked up everything looked clear in a weird way, everything that was in front of me was focused but in my peripheral vision everything was blurred. Seconds later I slowed down realizing that someone was calling me in the distance. When I turned around to look at who was talking to me it wound up being Kyle and his pupils were long black vertical slits and the rest of his eye was red like a cat. When I looked into his eyes I saw that my eyes were long vertical slits of white with black surrounding the rest of it. Cool.

“What’s wrong with you, why would you go that fast, do you have any idea of the dangers of this world!” Kyle shouted as he grabbed my arm.

“I’m sorry, I knew you were right behind me jeez,” I said pulling my arm from his tight grasp.

“Kelly you can’t do that, there are creatures that are always willing to find the next meal or something to suck dry, I should know. I’m one of them,” Kyle said.

“Then why haven’t you tried to kill me?” I asked challenging him.

“Because, I can’t, and besides I’m not as malicious and nefarious as the others that are out there in the world,” Kyle explained.

“Alright fine, I’ll be more careful,” I said sitting on the nearest cloud directing it toward my house. “What’s up with your wings by the way?”

“What do you mean?” Kyle asked lying down on the cloud with me as his eyes returned to normal.

“Why are they black, and so large?” I asked playing with the feathers of his wings.

“Well that’s what happens when you’re the spawn of the devil, everything’s black and evil. They also have to be so large so I can maneuver around quicker and with more stealth,” He explained as he retracted his wings into his body.

“Ahh, so what about mines, they’re pretty large, like 10 feet long across,” I said smiling at the length of my wings, “ugh and their white, they’re going to get dirty so easily.”

“You can change the color,” Kyle said laughing at my silly attitude.

“Really, well then,” I started thinking about the myriad versions of colors that I can have for my wings. I decided on wood green and royal purple tips, my two favorite colors that essentially are on everything.

“Cool,” Kyle commented once he saw the change in colors.

“I know, so what’s your favorite color?” I asked him sitting up to watch him.

“Blue,” He said simply.

“Typical, everyone loves blue,” I stated getting an idea. “Show me your wings again please.”

“Sure,” Kyle said extracting his wings as they came out to a full 12 feet in width. I put my fingers through his wings and thinking of the color blue. I closed my eyes I imagined Kyle’s wings entirely blue, I smiled hoping that these powers would come in handy if they worked. When I opened my eyes his wings were only partially blue.

“What the...”I started as the frustration started to boil in my system, but the hand on my mouth stopped the profanities from escaping my mouth.

“Language, besides I’ve tried it before I’m surprised you got that much blue in them,” Kyle said while his face remained impassive.

“Fine, we’re here,” I said jumping off the cloud and landing in front of the house and Red, Gabriel, and Fionna landed as well then Tigger skidded in on his pads.