Chapter 30

Drew's POV

*at the airport, before Roxy gets a cab*

"I'm so sorry, but I don't want you to get hurt." I say calmly. I lead her to my car and put her suitcase in. I open the door for her to get in but she gives me a look telling me that she's not coming. I sigh and open the bag that's in the back seat. I pull out a pocket knife and place a tracker on it. I'm almost positive that something is going to happen today, but there is no point in arguing with her because she will always win the argument.

"I'm taking a cab home, Drew. I'm so sorry. I'm jetlagged, and I don't have the energy today. I promise to help you tomorrow." She gives me a kiss on the cheek and I hand her the pocket knife.

"Take this just in case." She nods and puts it in her boot. "Be careful." I say.

"I will." She hugs everyone and hails a cab. I watch as she gets in the cab and it drives away. Connor takes Tori home and Luke takes Cole, leaving me alone.

I get in my car and my mom starts calling me.

"Hello?" I say as I pick up the phone.

"Hi, honey. Can you come home please?" She sounds excited.

"Why?"

"I want you to meet someone."

"Who?"

"So, I've been on a few dates and I finally met a guy I like and I wanted you to meet him."

"Ok." I say. "Wait, you've been going on dates and you didn't tell me?"

"I didn't want you meeting guys who weren't worthy of our time."

I chuckle and respond. "I'll be home in 20 min." I hang up and drive home to meet the man my mom likes.

I get home and see a 2015 BMW 4 series convertible in the driveway, so I park across the street.

I ring our doorbell and my mom opens it, almost jumping up and down. I walk inside and see a man on our couch. He gets up and shakes my hand.

"I'm Ryan. Nice to meet you." He smiles and I smile back.

"Ya. Nice to meet you." I reply. We walk into the living room and my mom sits next to him while I sit on a different couch.

She nudges him and he crinkles his eyebrows in confusion.

"Oh!" He exclaims. "A little bit about myself: I have my own company," that explains the BMW. "I live downtown, I'm in love with your mother, " she blushes. "Umm...." he looks at my mom and she shrugs. "I can't think of anything else." He sighs. "Wow. I'm really bad at this." He mutters to himself.

I chuckle and look at my mom who is looking at Ryan adoringly.

"Favorite movie?" I ask.

"Umm... Hush. It's a horror movie."

"I love that movie." I say. "Favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Favorite animal?"

"All of them."

"Dog or cat?"

"Dog."

"Good. I can't stand cat people."

"Vegan?"

"No."

"Good. This will work out." Ryan laughs at my response.

"You have something against Vegans?"