Chapter 6

Well fuck.

The jackasses he calls friends share a similar smirk and I restrain from rolling my eyes. They sit in the last row, the fifth row, and they all stare at me. Their eyes trace each and every one of my steps before I plop down in a seat. I put my backpack near my foot and prop my feet on the chair next to me.

"Didn't expect to see you here." Drew smirks. "What'd you do? Tell someone you don't like them?" He says sarcastically. The morons laugh.

"Why do you care?" I retort.

"I don't." His smirk doesn't fade.

"You elbowed Nick right?" One of the jackasses asks. His blue eyes peek through his blonde hair. 

I think his name is Luke. Rumors say that he is the sweet, shy one out of the three. The other one is Cole. He is known to be the funny, prankster type. They both have very distinct features, making them very striking.

"Yep." I say while popping the 'p'.

"Bad breakup?" Cole asks.

"He cheated on me with my now ex best friend. So I guess you could say that." He chuckles.

"So you started grieving. And that's why you started playing poker with us." Luke says, putting the pieces together.

I nod my head to confirm his thoughts. 

"I have an idea." Drew smirks and there is a hint of evil in his eyes. He gets up and Cole follows him out the door. Luke stays behind with me.

There's an awkward silence.

"So... how long have you known Drew?" I ask.

"Beginning of high school. You?"

"Longer than needed." He chuckles at my response. 

"What happened after you saw Nick and Lacey?" I'm not surprised he knew it was Lacey. It is the biggest gossip of this week. "Sorry if I'm being nosy. You don't have to answer." He adds.

"No, its fine. Well, i yelled at both of them out of rage. Of course I ended it with Nick and I no longer had trust in Lacey. I left and my plan was to make no contact with either of them, but clearly my plan failed."

"Oh. So what? Did you swear off boys?"

"No. I'm not that girl. But, I will get over it eventually and maybe even go on a date sometime." I shrug. "What about you? Any girlfriend or ex girlfriends?"

"I used to have a girlfriend as a freshman, but she moved."

"Aw. Why did she move?"

"Her mom got a really good job across the country."

"I'm sorry. Did you text her after she left? Ya know, keep in touch?"

"I did, but she never had the time to respond. Plus there is a three hour time difference."

"Right. Ever thought about the girls at this school?" I move to the desk in front of him and lean in, intrigued by the gossip.

"I did. Either they are in a relationship, or they're not ready for a commitment."

"Well, you don't need a girlfriend. In college, there will be plenty of new girls that you don't know. I bet they would have an interest in you!" I smile. I change the topic 'cause I sense an awkward silence coming on. "Has Drew changed at all? Does he actually care about the people around him?"

"Ya, I guess. But he's never had a girlfriend, if that's what you're implying."

"Seriously?" I'm decently shocked. Drew is attractive. Sure his personality isn't, but there are tons of girls who solely base their fuck buddies off of looks.

"Ya. But he never really tried. I guess he didn't like the idea of dating."

"Weird." Another awkward silence. "Do you find it weird that middle schoolers date? It's not even dating!" I spit out. The was random.

"I know. It's weird." He agrees awkwardly.

"All they do is say hi to each other and smile. Like, what is that? They only date to get popularity which is the stupidest thing ever. I mean, come on! Get a life and a sense of reality. The minute they breakup, they get more popularity. Is status all people care about? Look at Drew! He's probably vandalizing the school or something to keep up the bad boy rep. I just don't see the point! Our reputations will go back to the starting point when we go to college, so why bother putting in so much effort? It doesn't even make sense!" I gasp for breath. "I'm sorry I'm ranting. I just need to get this stuff off my chest. I used to try to talk to Lacey about this, but she would never listen. And-" Luke's lips crash onto mine and I'm a bit taken back. He pulls back and I stare at him in awe.

"Well, that shut you up." He mumbles.

"Sorry. Am I annoying you?"

"No, I'm sorry." He looks at the ground. "Couldn't help it." He says, barely audible. "I'm sorry about that." He starts nervously rubbing the back of his neck and runs his hands through his hair. Why does he have to be so sexy when he does that? Oh, and he starts the lip biting. That is literally the jackpot to get a girl to drool over a guy.

The guys walk in and we look at them.

"What'd you do?" Luke asks.

"Some spray paint on the teachers' cars and the principal's car. Plus some graffiti on the side of the school." Cole answers.

"Wow. On the principle's car? You'll get expelled." I say.

"No I won't." Drew says

"If you do, I'll laugh in your face and say I told you so."

"I won't get expelled." He says confidently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

Hey guys! I'm going on vacation soon, so i won't be able to update very quickly or even at all for a month. Thanks for all your support! Vote and comment :)

sorry for the short chapter :(