Chapter 17

I look around for Cole.

"Cole!" I yell throughout the living room. No one hears me. I yell again. No answer. I call his cell phone and head to the kitchen. It was empty, surprising. I head back to the living room and go to check on Tori again. She's still passed out, so I try looking for Coke again. I see Drew in the corner, texting. I grab his wrist and pull him towards the front door. Before he can say anything, I push him into his car.

"Drive." I say assertively.

"Why?" He asks.

"I think Luke got into a car accident."

He turns on his engine. "Where?" He asks.

"North High Street."

He starts driving.

"Explain to me exactly what happened." He looks at me.

"Look at the road dumbass! 10 and 2!" I yell. He looks at the road and I start explaining.
"He called me on the phone saying he was on North High Street. Stephanie was obviously with him. He left the party because he needed some time to think. All of a heard a scream and a crash. After that, nothing."

"Oh..." we hear sirens as we come closer to North High Street.

I gasp and Drew stops the car. I jump our of the car and rush over to Luke's car.

In front of me, was Luke's car in pieces and Luke on a gurney, loading into the ambulance. I see Stephanie on a separate stretcher, but she's completely covered. I rush to one of the nurses.

"What happened?" I ask.

"He swerved off the road and crashed into quite a few things. First a car, then a lampost, then into the side of the road."

"Can we stay in the back of the ambulance?" Drew asks.

"Are you family?"

"No, but---" I start saying.

She cuts me off. "No. You can follow us to the hospital, but not in the ambulance." I sigh and head back to Drew's car.

I dial Cole's number again and finally he picks up.

"Hello?" He says.

"Get Connor to drive you to the hospital now!"

"Why?"

"Luke's going to the hospital. He got in a car crash. And bring Tori... she's sleeping in one of the bedrooms."

"Ok."

"And next time, pick up the phone the first time I call you." I say sternly. I hang up and Drew starts driving.

"Damn. You seemed mad."

"I don't deal with drunk people, no matter who they are."

"You helped Tori."

"That's because this was one of the first times Tori has had beer. I have built a tolerance. Cole should've built a tolerance or not had so many beers."

"But--"

"Don't argue with me. I'm not in the mood considering the fact that our friend just got into a car crash and is on his way to the hospital. You can talk to me about drunk people later if you want."

"Ok." He stays silent for the rest of the ride.

We park in the parking lot and I rush through the doors. I walk up to the front desk.

"Hi. Room number?" The receptionist asks.

"I don't know! That's your job!"

"First name and injury?"

"His name is Luke. He got in a car accident." She types random things into her computer. "Did you find him?"

"Relation?"

"Best friends." I point to me and Drew.

"All right. 4th floor. First door on your right. Only 2 people in at once."

"Thank you!"

I call Connor in the elevator.

"Are you driving over here?"

"Ya" He says. "On the road. I got Cole and Tori here with me. Be there in 10."

"Ok. Give the phone to Cole."

"Hello?"

"Hey. Drew and I are already here. Luke's room I'd on the 4th floor, first door on the right, ok?"

"Ya. Wait, there are only 2 people allowed per room."

"And you call yourself a bad boy." I sigh. "I think you can figure it out." I smile and hang up. We get out of the elevator.

We rush to the hospital room and see Luke on the bed with his eyes closed.

"He's in a coma. When he wakes up, he might have amnesia... we're not sure." The doctor informs.

"What do you mean you're not sure?" I exclaim in agony. Drew holds my shoulder to prevent me from freaking out.

"Ma'am, please calm down." I take a deep breath and the doctor walks out of the room.

He didn't even answer my question!

I hug Drew and tuck my head into his chest. A tear slides down my cheek. When he wakes up, he may not remember us. Sure we've only known each other for a few months, but we've gotten so close! More tears roll down my cheeks.

Cole walks in and hugs me.

"How is he?" Cole asks.

"In a coma. Might have amnesia when he wakes up." Drew answers.

The doctor comes back in. "Two in the room only." He says strictly. I leave the room and leave the boys with their best friend.

I sit in the waiting area for a good hour before Cole comes out of the room.

"I gotta go home. My mom's waiting for me. Do you want a ride back home?" I silently nod no and he gives me a quick kiss before heading towards the elevator.

Drew comes out and looks at me. "Aren't you going to go home?"

"No. It's not like my mom cares about me. I'll stay here for a little while longer.

"Ok. I was planning on staying here anyways."

Drew's POV

It's been a few hours and the doctor forbid us from being in the room claiming that Luke needs to be alone. Apparently, people in comas can hear what's going on around them.

I look to my right and see Roxy in a little ball in her chair with her eyes closed. She looks like an angel when she sleeps. I look at the clock and it reads 2 am. I pick up Roxy from the chair and carry her bride style to the elevator. We go to my car and I put her in the passenger seat. I drive her home and carry her to her front door.

I don't want to ring the doorbell and I don't want to check Roxy's pockets. I take a random guess and look in the potted plant next to her front door. Jackpot.

I carefully unlock the door and sneak into her room.

"Uhhh. Mmm..." she mumbles. She's so cute when she mumbles in her sleep. I place her on her bed and pull the covers over. She grabs my wrist as I turn to leave.

"My hero...." she mumbles. I chuckle. I pry her hand off of me and move her hair out of her face. I bend down and kiss her forehead.

"Sweet dreams."

~~~~~~~~~

a/n

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Hey guys! I hope you liked it! I'm having MAJOR writers block! Ugh! Anyways, the next few chapters are going to get more serious. It will include things like depression, suicide thoughts, etc. Just a heads up!

Luv ya! ❤

~Ish ❤❤

The Bad Boy Changed Me | ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara