Chapter 3

Sun shines through the window and I groan. I don't want to go to school. I broke up with Nick and Lacey in the same day. What did I do to deserve this? I get out of bed and look in the mirror. Yesterday's mascara drips down my face and my eyes are bloodshot.

Poker did help a bit. It took my mind off the betrayal for a bit, but i still ended up crying my eyes out. I know I shouldn't be crying over a guy, but I also lost Lacey.

I walk downstairs and eat some pancakes before walking out to my car. Obviously, Lacey didn't come to pick me up and I plan on avoiding her. I plug my phone into the aux and put my phone on shuffle. Old Disney songs blast through my car and a smile creeps onto my lips. Hannah Montana always finds a way to make me happy.

I drive into the school parking lot and park in Lacey's spot for the fun of it. I stay in my car, waiting for her and I see her Toyota Corolla pull onto school grounds. I see her groan when she sees my car in her spot and I laugh.

In our school, we have our own parking spots. If you lose your spot, good luck finding a new one. I give her a smug look and walk to the front of the school. I notice the guidance counselor talking to a girl and a boy. I walk over to them since I introduce new students to our school and give them a tour. Our counselor notices me and smiles.

"Roxy! I'm glad you're here! This is----" she starts.

"Connor? Tori?" I ask with a smile on my face.

"Roxy!" They scream in unison. I squeeze them into a giant bear hug and smile like a preschooler.

Connor and Victoria (Tori) are twins. They are practically inseparable. I know Connor and Tori from a summer camp I did every year with Lacey. We bonded extremely quickly, but Tori wasn't that fond of Lacey. We hung out together during and after the camp. Turns out, their parents work for a company who is partners with my mom's company. 

Tori is naturally beautiful. She wore an outfit that complimented her long legs and brought out her blue eyes. Her cayenne colored hair cascades down her back in beach waves. Tori is a lot like me. We both are very sarcastic and over smart. She is like pink lemonade. She looks very pretty on the outside, but if you don't like her, she can get sour.

Connor is like a German Shepherd. Sweet but dangerous when mad. He definitely does have a soft side, it's just not noticeable. He is extremely protective of people he loves. Everyone loves him. He is NOT ugly. Actually the opposite. His olive skin ton catches the eyes of many, but only a few lucky girls have the chance of being with him.

"You know each other? That is great! Why don't you go ahead and give them a tour? You do have similar classes. I told your teachers that you will be in their classes today so your homework will be in the office. " the counselor says. I nod and she walks into the school.

"How have you guys been?" I ask.

"Just peachy." Tori rolls her eyes. "Mom got transferred to a different location and dad just followed."

"At least you have a friend here!" I smile. "It's not like you are alone."

"True. Thank god you are here." Connor says.

We head to the portables and the warning bell rings.

"Where's Lacey? And Nick?" Conner asks.

Oh god.

"It's a long story, we should---" I start.

"We have time. Tell us the long story." Tori interrupts.

I simply groan but decide to tell them. "Lacey isn't my friend anymore. And Nick isn't my boyfriend anymore."

"What? You and Lacey were inseparable! Plus, you really liked Nick. You wouldn't stop talking about him. What happened?" Connor asks, shocked.

"Nick cheated on me." I say quietly.

Connor gasps. "Who did he cheat on you with? I'm going to go beat both of them up." Connor says furiously.

"That's the thing. You cant. "

"Why can't he?" Tori asks.

"You just cant. Trust me, I would've done it myself if I could. It's complicated."

"Come on, Roxy. You---" Tori starts.

"SSSHHHH! Do you hear that?" Connor asks. Heels. A teacher's coming.

"So?"

"Don't you get in trouble for roaming the halls without a pass?"

"No..." I say. 

"Oh... We used to at our old school. If you didn't have a pass, you would get a detention."

"Thank god you don't go there anymore. Anyways, I'll tell you everything at lunch. We need to get to class. During our free period I will give you a tour." I say. "Thankfully you two have the same classes and a few classes with me. Come on." We keep walking to their first class.

~*~

"What is that?" Tori asks. She scrunches her nose when she sees the meat.

"That is the meat that goes on the burger." I say.

"Looks disgusting." Conner says.

"So, pizza?"

"Ya." They say in unison and make a disgusted face.

Coincidentally, the twins have B lunch with me. We buy our food and I lead them to Nick's table. I do this on purpose of course. No one messes with Roxy. I don't think Nick's friends knows that he cheated on me. Nick's rep is extremely important to him. They walk towards us and smile.

"Hey Roxy!" One of them says.

"No." I answer coldly.

"What's wrong? " He asks.

"Why don't you ask your team captain?" I snap. "But beware, he doesn't like talking. His lips are used for something different." I say.

The guys walk away with confused looks and Connor turns to me.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He asks. "Why so snappy?"

"I have my reasons." I answer.

"He didn't do anything to you."

"This is about Nick cheating on you. Spill." Tori says.

"Yesterday, I caught Nick downing Lacey's saliva."

"Ew. You could have just said that they kissed. "

"I'm going to mess up his pretty little face." Connor growls. He goes to stand up but I push him back down.

"No." I say.

"Why not?" He asks, confused.

"I want to do it myself. Revenge plot begins. What ideas you got?" Tori rolls her eyes but doesn't say a word.

"Ok. I was thinking--" Connor starts but Tori puts her hand over his mouth. He spits on her hand and she wipes the spit on his shirt.

"No revenge. You are too good for that. You need to make him jealous."

"No. Absolutely not. I know him very well. He is competitive and will crush me with Lacey by his side. Jealousy is a game that he will win." I answer.

The bell rings and we head to our next class.

While walking Tori says, "Fine. Revenge. But it better be good."

Oh... it will be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n

Hi guys! I hoped you liked the chapter. Please rate comment and follow me for more!! 

Bye, luvya!