Chapter 5

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I repeatedly hit the snooze button to continue my dream of Drew Roy, but of course, all good things must come to an end. I trudge out of bed and brush my teeth before washing my face. I open my closet door and groan. I don't want to go to school. I end up picking a shirt that says 'Don't Go Bacon My Heart' for the irony and walk downstairs to eat a quick breakfast. I don't feel like studying right now so I scroll through Instagram and keep my Snap Streaks going. I am officially diagnosed with Senioritis.

I meet up with Tori and Connor before heading into the school. Nick's friends apologized and I returned the apology for my rude, bitchy behavior.

Drew was an absolute pain in the ass and I'm really hoping I don't see him in the halls. He always kept to himself and didn't continue to tease me in high school due to the fact that we never had classes together. Thank god.

I took out all the pictures of Nick and Lacey from my locker. I don't use my locker much anyways.

~*~

I sit down at my table and the twins sit on the opposite side of the table.

"How's your day been?" Tori asks cheerfully.

"As per usual - hell."

"Sorry. But at least you have us in some of them." Connor says to lighten the mood.

I smile. "Found any cute guys?" I look at Tori. "Or girls?" I glance at Connor.

"There are so many cute guys, but they aren't my type." She shrugs. 

"And you?" I ask her brother.

"They're cute, but not for me." 

We keep talking and they tell me about how they are adjusting.

"Hey Roxy." A voice says behind me. I don't even have to turn around to know who it is. "Look, I just wanted to--" I cut her off by getting up and walking out of the cafeteria.

I really don't want to make a scene.

I walk upstairs and to my locker and grab a granola bar. I hear footsteps behind me but I don't turn around.

"Roxy! You have to talk to her sooner or later." Tori informs me as she steps in front of my locker.

"It has only been 2 days. Why bother? I can wait a bit longer." I reply and step away from her.

"Sure, you can do that. But the rage you have will just linger and it will haunt you until you talk to her." Connor says.

I don't want to talk to her! Lacey was a sister to me. I just can't handle it right now.

"I told you. I don't want to talk to her."

"You're being stubborn." Tori says

"I know, but just let me have some grieving time. If I talk to her she is going to give me a fake sappy story. And you wanna know what's going to happen? I'm gonna fall for it because she used to be my best friend." I say as I close my locker. I sit down on the floor and they sit next to me.

"You have no confidence in yourself. Last night, you faced Drew. The guy who bullied you ever since you were a little girl. I think you can handle Lacey." Tori says.

"I could face him because I have nothing but pure hatred toward him. For Lacey, I have a mix of feelings." I say. "Wow that sounds shitty." I laugh.

"Fine." Connor says. He was always more lenient.

"I love you guys."

"We know." They say in unison. We laugh and go back to the cafeteria.

"Roxy!" Nick. Dammit! Oh dear. I keep walking and look down. I'm trying so hard to not punch him in the face or break down. He grabs my arm and I growl like a dog.

"Let go." I say through my teeth. I slip out of his grip and keep walking. He grabs my arm again.

"Don't touch me. " I say as I slap his arm away.

"We need to talk. What you saw was not what it looked like." He grabs me once again.

"I said don't touch me!" I yell. Everything happens in slow motion. My elbow jams into his core and he falls to the ground. His arms wrap around his stomach to soothe the pain and I back away before a teacher sees me. 

"I'm sorry. I--uh--I gotta go." I stutter and almost stumble over my feet when trying to bolt from the situation.

"Roxy!" Oh no. I turn around to see my Stats teacher stalking towards me. He never liked me. "What was that about?" He demands.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I just-"

  "Detention for a week." He interrupts.

"A-a whole week?" I protest. "That seems a little excessive." I say nervously. "I didn't mean to hurt him. I just--"

"Are you questioning my judgement?" He challenges.

"Of course not!" I say immediately. "I--I'll--" I sigh. "I'll take him to the nurse." I put my head down in shame.

"You've done enough. Go back to lunch." He says. The teacher walks away and a student helps Nick to his feet.

"I deserved that." Nick whispers. I look at him in disbelief.

~*~

"Adios!" Señora Gonzalez says as we leave her classroom. It's 2:42 and I could gone home, but I have to stay here for detention. I meet Tori in the hall and she gives me a sad smile.

"Have fun in detention." She says sarcastically and I frown.

"Thanks." I reply sarcastically. I walk towards the C Wing to go to the room where detention is being held.

I maneuver my way through people rushing to get to their cars and I sigh.

I can't believe I'm going to detention.   

C206. Here we go. I open the door and look at the desks' arrangement. They are in rows, thankfully, and my eyes trail to the back of the room. My eyes widen and I inhale sharply. 

Mischievousness shines through his blue orbs.

Shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

Hi guys! I hope you like the story so far! Make sure you check out my other books The Boyfriend I Never Had and Don't Blame Me. Please comment your feedback and what you think! Bye!