Chapter 4

"You're going out for poker?" Tori asks as I get up from my spot on the couch. 

"Ya." 

I had to tell them 'cuz they were starting to get a bit nosy.

"Need us to cover up or are you gonna sneak out?"

I shrug. "I'll handle it. You guys don't have to get involved."

"If that's what you want." Connor says teasingly. I smile.

"Seriously." I reply.

They nod their heads and grab their stuff to leave. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." I smile as they leave my house and I rush up the stairs to my room. 

I grab an outfit out of my closet an quickly change. I don't bother with my hair. I grab my wallet and sneak down the stairs. 

"I'm going to the store. I need some pads." I yell from the living room as I grab my phone.

"Okay!" My mom yells from upstairs. I leave my house and walk to my car. The engine roars to life and I leave my driveway. I drive the time to the building and park in the back parking lot to be safe. I put on my heels that I keep in my car and lock my car as I walk u to the building. I roam through the halls like last time and see the poker room door in front of me. I hesitate to open the door, but eventually open the door and walk in. 

The stench of alcohol and cigarettes fill my nose and I resist the urge to cough in disgust. The guys stare at me, surprised I actually came back. I strut to my seat and smirk as I sit down.

"Didn't think you would come back, Greenie." A college boy says. It's the guy who talked to me first yesterday.

"This isn't the fucking Maze Runner. Shut it." I sass.

"Or what?" He challenges.

"Or else I'll mess up that pretty little face of yours." I snarl.

"I'd like to see you try." He smirks.

I growl and get up in my seat. I go to lunge towards him but am held back at the waist.

"We don't want to do that sweetie." The person who stopped me whispers in my ear, sending chills down my spine. 

I slowly turn around to see the one person I hate most in this world - the school's "badass". Also Known As Drew. Hmph. Badass my ass. I glare with all the hatred I could muster. If looks could kill, he would be six feet under.

His hands still rest on my waist and I take them off me. He smirks at me, testing me. I roll my eyes and walk back to my seat, wagging my ass as I go.

Drew comes up from behind me and takes my hair to one side as he whispers in my ear once more. "You're in my seat."

I ignore his comment and look in front of me.

"Get out." He says, more demanding this time. 

"Back off." I snap.

"What was that?" He smirks.

"Back off." I repeat. "Open your eyes. There are more chairs, Helen Keller." I growl.

He laughs and answers, "You got some nerve." He decides to play with my hair. "What happened to young, innocent Roxy?" My blood boils. "The girl who couldn't stand up for--" he starts.

I grab his wrist and twist it. At the speed of lightning, I get up and turn to face him. I keep twisting his wrist as I push him back into the wall.

"Feisty." He chuckles. "I dig it." He smirks and takes my hand off of him. "You're just a little ball of rage aren't you?" He gives me a sly grin. "I teased you and bullied you. I was an ass. Still am. Now you're different, more confident. Punch me." Drew says slyly. He's trying to push me over the edge and I know it.

I look into his alluring blue eyes and deepen my glare. I turn back around and sit in my seat.

He simply laughs at my reaction. "Don't have that much nerve yet?" He teases.

We walks to the other side of the table and sits directly across from me. His signature smirk doesn't falter and my glare deepens more, if possible.

"Get ready to pay boys, the champion's in the house." He says with confidence.

"If I were you, I wouldn't underestimate the girl." A college guy says. I smirk at him.

"That's because you are too much of a smartass for your own good. Let's start."

Tension fills the air the entire time and lets just say I won't leave empty handed. The smirk on Drew's face never falls and I just want to slap him.

I get up from my chair and grab my stuff and the end of a round. 

"Going so soon? Why not stay and watch me win? Have a quick beer, unless you've never had one." Drew smirks. I walk towards the door.

Before I leave, I say, "Suck my ass." I grab a beer can and close the door behind me.

I navigate myself through the halls and finally find the exit. I walk to my car and lean against it. I take a sip of the beer and immediately spit it out, remembering how horrible it tastes. I throw it away in a nearby trashcan and stare at the sky. The stars are beautiful. All of a sudden, my phone rings.

Shit.

I pick up. "Where are you?"

"Traffic." I lie.

"Really?" My mom asks with sass. "At 11:17?"

Holy shit, it's past 11.

"I'm coming home." I say shortly and hang up.

I look back up at the beautiful stars. My dad always used to say that people across look over you in the form of a star when they sleep. Maybe that's what he's doing now. My father lives in India, permanently. My parents got divorced and he decided to move to India to take care of his business with my brother.

I get in my car and start the engine. What has my life become?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n

I hope you liked the chapter! Sorry it's short...

Vote and Comment! :)

Luv ya!