Chapter 12

Today is the day. Tori convinced me to talk to Lacey and made me cancel my revenge because I elbowed Nick in the gut. Elbowing him in the gut was NOTHING! But of course Tori thought I was going to hurt him a lot because of my rage. She's probably right, I just don't care.

Honk Honk!

Cole sits in his car, waiting for me and I get in. I sigh.

"Are you ready for this?" He asks.

"No." I answer honestly.

"You can back out ya know." He says as he backs out of my driveway.

"Are you jealous?" I chuckle.

His cheeks go red. "No. Of course not." He doesn't look at me.

"Haha. Don't worry. There's nothing to worry about."

"Ok. Whatever you say. But, how could he not convince you? He'll compliment you on how hot you look in that dress and woo you with his charm." He says sarcastically.

"The guy's a dick and the girl's a bitch. I don't think I'll be all "buddy, buddy" with them." I say with air quotes. He laughs and smiles.

"So I really don't have anything to worry about." He smiles even wider.

He drives in silence for a bit, but it's not awkward silence. It's nice.

"You want me to park in her spot?" He asks as he turns into the lot.

"Um... nah. Let's be nice."

He parks in his usual spot and we get out of the car. I go to my locker and see Lacey at hers. She looks at me everyday, hoping I'll talk to her. Well, today's her lucky day. Drew and Luke come up behind me.

"You look hot." Drew says.

"So I don't look hot everday?" I say with a straight face.

His jaw drops and he stutters. "I--well--"

"I'm kidding!" I laugh. "I look like shit everyday."

"That's not true." Luke says. I roll my eyes.

Connor and Tori walks up to us.

"You look cute." Tori points out.

"Thank you." I say. "I hate it." She laughs.

Our group splits up in 2. Tori and I walk in front of the guys.

"Why do you hate it?" She asks.

"It doesn't have back pockets for my phone. And dresses with pockets are rare."

"Why didn't you just wear skinny jeans?" By now, the guys caught up to us.

"I didn't have any clean ones." They stare at me. "What? Just 'cause I'm a girl doesn't mean I'm clean and tidy." They shrug and we walk to first period.

~*~

"Ready?" Tori asks

"Yes. Kinda. Maybe?" I sigh and finally settle on, "No."

"You'll be fine. Remember, be strong!" Ok. I can do this. No problem! I have the weekend to look forward to after this!

I walk up to Lacey in the cafeteria and drag her into the girl's bathroom without saying a word.

When she finally realizes I want to talk, she sighs. "Thank god! I thought you were never going to forgive me!"

"I'm not here to forgive you." I say. She frowns. "I want to hear the truth."