Chapter 7

"Roxy, do you know why I called you here?" 

Now I know what you are thinking. Oh my god! She's in trouble! To be honest, I'm also thinking that. I'm sitting in the principal's office with Drew and Cole beside me. I don't know if she knows about the graffiti. 

"Not really. Am I in trouble?" I ask

"No! Of course not!" 

Okay now I'm confused.  First she asks me if I know why I'm here in a strict tone, and now she tells me that I didn't do anything? Then why the hell am I in her office?

"Why are they here?" I point to the 2 morons beside me.

"You are a very smart girl and from what I understand, you have previous experience with teaching math."

"I don't see where this is going." I state bluntly.

"Drew and Cole are failing their classes and they sprayed graffiti paint all over my car. They were going to be expelled for that and previous reasons." She continues.

"What previous reasons?"

"First, they pulled pranks all the time, and second for they never go to class." She says in a duh-tone.

"What do you want me to do? I can't turn them into good people, if that's what you're implying."

"I want you to tutor them." She says calmly.

"What?!" I shriek. I can see Drew's jaw drop and Cole is also in shock. 

"I want you to bring their grades up. Teach them."

"Pre-Calc?"

"Not exactly. Algebra II."

"ALGEBRA II? They're a year behind!" I protest.

"Yes, well they have been skipping and failing. They don't know the curriculum."

"So you're getting them a tutor NOW?"

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

"No. You don't understand! You are asking me to teach an 8 yr old and a 6 yr old Algebra II. No offense." I point out. "This is insane! Plus, they are supposed to go to college next year. They won't be able to graduate without their high school math credits!"

"Don't worry. I'll take care of that." she says.

"Even if they do graduate, which college is going to take them?"

"We are right here!" Drew interrupts, clearly offended. I roll my eyes and turn back to the principal.

"I have faith that you can educate them."

"Do their parents know about this? Them failing?"

"Not yet. The boys have insisted that I not tell their parents. I would greatly appreciate this. Thank you for your time. You may leave whenever you please." She gets out of her chair and walks out the door. I can't believe she left me alone with these two dumbasses. I have to tutor them? My plan was to avoid them at all costs. I guess all my plans are failing. 

"I refuse to get tutored." Drew says with a stubborn look on his face.

"I refuse to tutor you." I say back and cross my arms over my chest.

"If you don't tutor us, our parents will find out." Cole says. I completely forgot he was here.

"I understand why Drew is concerned with what his mom thinks about his grades, but why do you care so much?" I ask Cole.

"I was blackmailing the person who printed out report cards. They used to give me all A's. My parents think I have all A's."

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but why not keep blackmailing the person?"