Chapter 15

So Halloween is over. Thanksgiving is over. And today is Black Friday. The day I waste all my money on useless stuff just because it's on sale. Classic Indian.

Let's just say that Black Friday is the day to rant in line. But dont worry, i already did all my ranting. We are currently in the Best Buy line, the longest of them all. I'm trying to get a new phone, the Galaxy S7.

"How much longer?" Stephanie complains. Yes, Stephanie. She's nice but so impatient.

"The store opens in half an hour." Luke says.

"But we've been waiting for 3 hours!" She whines. Did I mention that she's a rich daddy's girl? Ya... she gets everything she wants at the snap of a finger.

"After a while, you lose track of time. It'll be over in no time." I say, trying to comfort her.

"Nobody asked you." She snaps. My eyes go wide and I step back, away from her.

"I don't like her." Tori and I whisper in unison to Connor.

"I don't either. She's rude." I nod in agreement. I try to stay near my best friends and away from Stephanie, but Cole being such a nice boyfriend drags me up next to him. I can feel her glare drill a hole in my head. I don't look at her but look straight in front of me.

Finally, the store opens and everyone rushes in. Cole and I go in different directions. I stay with Connor and Tori until I get pulled aside.

"Oh! Stephanie. Hi." I say nervously. She clearly doesn't like me, I don't want to make things worse.

"Stay away from Luke." She growls.

"What are you talking about?"

"I see the way you flirt with him! You smile and laugh."

"I don't flirt, first of all. I have a boyfriend and I don't cheat. I've been cheated on, why would I cheat? And that's just my personality! That's just me."

"And this is me. Luke's girlfriend. He loves me! He will always love me! I will eliminate you from his life if I have to." She snarls and struts back to Luke's arm. Once again, my eyes go wide. Damn.

I stand there for a minute, trying to take it in. I find Connor and Tori and run up to them.

"Stephanie is psycho. Stay away from her." I say.

"We know. She just came up to us and told us to stay away from Luke."

"Ya. She thinks I flirt with him."

"That's just your personality!" Tori says.

"That's what I said!"

"Did she say anything else to you?" Connor asks.

"Ya.. she said that if I don't back off, she will eliminate me." I scrunch my eyebrows. "What the hell does that mean?"

"Maybe just take you out of his life?" Tori suggests.

"How? Cole's my boyfriend and Luke is Cole's best friend."

"Maybe she'll break you two up." Connor says.

Tori's eyes go wide and she elbows him in the stomach. "You really need to stop being so blunt." She says to him. She turns back to me. "Ignore him. He's wrong. Let's go get you a new phone."

~*~

I don't end up getting a phone. The line was way too long. There's no way in hell I'm waiting another hour or two to get a new phone. I meet up with Cole outside of the store before everyone else finishes shopping. We went to the mall after everyone got what they needed from Best Buy. Except me of course. I stand outside of the mall when I see Cole walking up to me.

"Hey." He kisses me. "How was your shopping?"

"It was good. I lost Tori after I went into Hot Topic. But ya. It was good. What about yours?"

"Not bad." He holds up his bags.

We sit on a nearby bench.

"Do you ever think that Stephanie is possessive of Luke?" I ask.

"Definitely. I didn't even get to say a word to him because she was all over him."

"She came up to me and pretty much threatened me. Usually I wouldn't have been scared but she really freaked me out."

"Ya. She's becoming kind of creepy. The worst part is that Luke doesn't notice."

"How could he not notice?" 

"No idea."

Connor and Tori walk up to us.

"What are you guys talking about?" Tori asks.

"Stephanie." Cole and I say in unison.

"The girl is pyscho." Connor says.

Thankfully, we took three different cars. Luke and Stephanie had a car. Connor and Tori had a car. And Cole, Drew, and I had a car. We got stuck with Drew because Tori hates Drew's guts and Stephanie is a possessive bitch.

Drew, Cole, and I get into Cole's car.

"God that bitch is annoyimg!" Drew complains.

"Everyone hates her but Luke. We should tell him." Cole says.

"Let him have a month or so. Let him actually be happy. Then we can tell him that she's a psychotic bitch ." I say.

"But his girlfriend is crazy." I glare at Drew.

"Speaking of girlfriends, Drew, hit me with some pick up lines." I say and smirk.

"If you were a McDonald's burger, you would be a McGorgeous." He says.

I laugh. "Thanks, Ronald, but I've talked to enough clowns tonight." Cole starts cracking up next to me. Drew's smile turns into a frown.

"Let me try again."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be crying." I say with a fake pout on my face. He ignores me.

"I looked up beautiful in the thesaurus today and your name was included." He says.

"That's funny. I looked up dickhead and your name was there too!"

"I want to give myself to you." He tries again.

"Sorry! I don't accept cheap gifts." I smirk. Cole can't stop laughing, he almost loses control and swerves off the road.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" Classic.

"No, but I did scrape my knees crawling back from hell."

His jaw drops. "This is harder than you think." He says.

"Fine, then let me be the person to use a pick up line."

"Try it."

"Would you like to go out?"

"Not with you." He smirks.

"Oh come on! Lower your standards a little. I just did." He frowns. "Haven't I seen you some place before?"

"Ya that's why I don't go there anymore."

"Oh, I thought you didn't go because everyone called you fat and ugly."

Cole drops me off at my house but I go again one last time with Drew.

"I would go to the end of the world for you."

"But would you stay there?"

"Probably. You seem like the kind of dude who's impossible to shake off."

I wink and strut into my house with full self esteem.

a/n

In December, I will post weekly.