Chapter 29

"I'm Axel, Drew's uncle. Nice to finally meet you Roxy." He smirks. My jaw drops and he eventually stops the car in front of a random building. It's an abandoned warehouse. Talk about cliche. 

The two Indian boys help me out of the car and they hold my arms to make sure I don't run. I try to yank my arms from their grasp but their grip tightens. Axel walks in front of us and I'm pushed into a chair in the middle of the room.

The boys hold me down and tie me to the chair as Axel stands in front of me. I try yanking my hands out of the rope but I fail. Axel traces my face and I flinch at his touch. Only a few lights are on and most of the windows are closed, leaving little to no light illuminating the room. He grabs my chin and lifts it up as if he's a vampire and going to feed on me.

Damon Salvatore, where you at?

The boys finish tying me and I don't move, all I do is stare at Axel. He looks a lot like Drew's dad. I've seen pictures of Drew's dad, but I've never actually met him. Axel has defined cheekbones and blue eyes twinkling with amusement. His long slender fingers move around my face and he walks behind me. I take in a sharp breath as his breath hits the back of my neck.

"Drew will feel the same pain I felt when the woman I loved died." He whispers in my ear. His words send shivers down my back and he walks over to the boys. Axel whispers in their ears and I get a text on my phone. I slowly take my phone out of my back pocket, making sure the guys don't see it.

Drew 💖: Sorry I didn't call you. I was meeting my mom's new boyfriend. I'll tell you more about it later. Call me when you get home and settled. I love you! xoxo

I have the best boyfriend in the world. I text back quickly.

Me: Awesome! I'm not home. 

I tuck my phone away and feel it buzz against my butt but I ignore it. I wiggle around in the chair but it doesn't help.

The 2 boys come back over and stand in front of me. They cross their arms and have an annoyed look on their face.

"He could do so much better." One of them scoffs. I glare at him.

"I'm Rohan and this is my brother, Ayush. Excuse his disrespectful behavior." The other one says. He seems nice. 

Ayush rolls his eyes and I smile at Rohan. "I'm sorry about everything that happens today. I hope you don't take it to offense. It's just business. Drew shouldn't have messed with the boss." 

I nod and Rohan walks away for a bit.

"I get a feeling that you don't like me." I say and smirk at the douche in front of me.

He ignores my comment. "You look awful. Why would Drew want to date you?"

"What? You want him all for yourself?" I say. "And for your information, I just came back from the airport. Today is just not my day, ya know? I feel like everyone has their off days and today is mine." I start my rant to piss him off. "I had a 15 hour flight, then I landed in Newark. The Newark airport is literally one of the busiest airports in the world. I swear to god, If I ever land there ever again, I'm going to kill someone. Anyways, I was walking across the airport to get to my gate, ya know, and I get a call. It's from my dad. Now, my dad rarely ever calls me unless it's an emergency so I had to pick up the phone. Then, he broke the news to me. I was devastated. I literally cried in the airport gate for an hour. I mean, I was pretty close to her. I will always remember when she got these giant pieces of shrimp and cooked them so well, oh my god. I can't describe it in words. I just miss her so much. So I got on my flight and came back here just to find out that my day was going to get even worse. I'm telling you, today just isn't my day. Actually, this whole year had been a load of shit. I can't wait to go home and just sleep."