Chapter 25

"Oh come on!" I whine.

"No." He says and nods.

"Just one kiss!" I plead with puppy dog eyes.

"Nope." He says, popping the 'p'.

"But I've tried so hard!"

"But you didn't accomplish what you are supposed to."

"I love you." I say, romantically.

"I love you, too. Now, get back to work." He smirks.

I groan and look back at the court in front of me. Drew finally convinced me to try a sport. I picked basketball. It has the least amount of running. Or at least I thought. Basketball is so hard. I don't do sports. I suck at every sport I play. And he promised to kiss me every time I made it in. I've been trying for 5 min so far. 5 MIN! It's longer than you think.

Cole, Luke, Tori, and Connor come from the side of the hill and stand on the side lines. They smirk as they see me holding a basketball.

"What do you want?" I ask them.

"Well, we are definitely not missing anything involving you and sports." Cole says. I give him a sarcastic smile and throw the ball at him. I almost hits his face, but he catches it in time.

"Do that to the basket and maybe you'll make it in." Drew says.

I sigh and Cole passes me the ball. I breathe in and throw the ball. The ball went soaring in slow motion. Literally.

"IT WENT IN!!!!" I scream with excitement. I turn to Cole. "HA!" I say and point my finger at him.

Drew puts a hand on my shoulder. "Good. Now do that 5 more times." he whispers in my ear.

I scoff. "Hell no." I walk over to the side lines and stand next to Luke.

"Come on." Drew pleads.

"Make me." I say stubbornly and cross my arms.

"Roxy.." he says sternly.

I turn my head away from him like a 7 year old. I look at Luke.

"Hi, Luke. How are you?" I say, ignoring Drew.

He chuckles. "I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm great. Thanks for ask--" I get swept off my feet mid sentence. Literally. Drew throws me over his shoulders and I start pounding on his back, begging him to put me down. Cole, Tori, and Connor start laughing and Luke tries to hide a smile.

"Will you shoot another basket?" Drew asks.

"No." I say back.

"Ok.. Then you're not getting down." he shrugs

I sigh. "Fine. I'll attempt to shoot another basket."

He sets me down gently and smiles. I walk over to the basketball and pick it up. This basketball is ruining my life.

~*~

Drew's POV

I kiss Roxy goodbye and walk to my car. As I drive home, I can't help but think about Cole's relationship with her. They are still so awkward around each other and I don't want that. I want them to be friends.

I park my car in the driveway and get out. I walk towards my house. As I walk in, a figure out of the shadows pins me to the wall.

"What the hell?" I exclaim.

The figure let's go of me and I notice that it's Nick.

"How long have you been here?"

"I followed you back."

"Creep." I mumble.

"Calm down. I just wanted to talk to you."

"About what? What shit could possibly come out of your mouth that I want to hear?"

"It's about Roxy." I straighten my build when he says her name.

"What about her?" I say concerned.

"Tell her I'm sorry. Clearly, I can't talk to her myself, so will you tell her?"

"What's the catch?" I say, squinting my eyes.

"There's no catch. I promise. Just ask her to talk to me or at least tell her I'm sorry."

"No. Just tell me one thing. Why did you cheat on Roxy? And with her best friend? And why are you sorry? You made your choice."

"That was definitely more than one thing." he says and I glare at him. "But I'll answer your questions." he sighs. "I didn't want to cheat on Roxy. In the beginning, I actually was interested in her. But, I spent more time with Lacey and I liked her a little more. So we ended up hanging out so often that it ended in us making out." I wince. I did not need that visual. "I didn't want to break Roxy's heart and go for her best friend but I ended falling in love with Lacey. We started dating and I wanted to tell Roxy, but she found out before then."

"You did exactly what you didn't want to do."

"Ya." He pauses for a moment and changes the topic. "Do you love her?"

"Ya. I've been in love with her for so long."

"Why did you torment her?"

"Because I was a jerk. In middle school, I realized that i really liked her but I couldn't start randomly being nice. So, I kept the jerk act going." He nods. "Ok, I'm done with my questions. You can go now." I say.

He walks away and I walk up to my room. I need to figure out a way to get Tori and Roxy back to normal before i get Cole and Roxy to be friends again. 

This is going to be so hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

a/n

Thank you for reading! Share this with your friends if you liked it and comment any thoughts about the chapter or book in general. Thanks! 

Luv ya!

~Ish