Chapter 9

I hear footsteps behind me. I walk faster and hug my books to my chest. I stop by my locker and put my books away.

"Roxy! I really need to talk to you!" Drew pleads and holds my locker open.

I really don't want to talk to him. He totally crossed the line, making me steam up.

"What do you want to talk about?" I say annoyed. I stare into my locker and avoid eye contact. 

"Look, I'm sorry for snapping at you yesterday. I was a total jerk for getting in your business. I promise to try harder with the tutoring stuff." I close my locker but not once do I look at him. I turn to walk away, but he grabs my arm.

"Please don't walk away. I really need your help." I turn around to face him and sigh. His eyes are so blue and beautiful. I snap out of my daze and answer him.

"Fine. But I swear to god, if you snap, I'll stop helping you." I warn.

"Thank you." A smile lights up his face and it is actually kinda cute. I know he is deathly afraid of his mom when she is in a bad mood, so I decide to help him. "If I were you, I'd get to class. You're going to be late." He smirks. 

"What about you? You have to go to class." I say.

"I will. Eventually." he mumbles the last part.

I roll my eyes and head to class. 

~*~

"21 questions." Cole says.

"Oh god no." I groan

"Someone's grumpy." Luke said. 

"I'm not grumpy. I'm tired and a teenager. What do you expect?" Cole chuckles. "When you were little, were you scared of teenagers?"

"No?" His answer sounded like a question.

"I was. I felt like they always glared at me and looked tired and angry . I understand now." I say with a straight face.

"What?" Cole laughs. "You're so weird. You know that?"

"I take that as a compliment. Thank you."

"21 questions doesn't sound like a bad idea. We can learn all your secrets now and explore them later." Drew smirks.

"Perv!" I scream and throw a pillow at his face.

You wouldn't think there would be a pillow in detention, but sure enough there was. I still have a few days left in detention.

"First question, what's your favorite color?" Luke asks.

"That's a lame question. Even I can answer that." Drew smirks.

"Then go ahead. They will ask you a question about me and you have to answer. If you get the question wrong, I get to hit you in the face with a pillow. Let's see how much you remember after 4 years. I'm expecting to see your face red after this." I inform.

"It's on. " He gives the pillow back to me.

"Favorite color?" Luke repeats.

"Blue. Specifically Aquamarine. "

"Wow. I'm impressed." I say.

"Favorite animal?" Cole asks.

"Seahorse, i think."

"Ehhhh!" I make a buzzer noise and whack him in the face with a pillow. "Dolphin actually, but very close."

"Favorite sport?" Cole asks.

"She hates every sport but dance. Well, she doesn't hate them. She's just not good at them. "

"Geez thanks." I say in a sarcastic tone.