Chapter 26

"I hate you." I growl.

"I know you don't mean that." My boyfriend smirks.

In case you were wondering, yes, Drew is now my boyfriend. Being the sweetheart he is, he bought me roses and everything to officially ask me to be his girlfriend.

I sigh and walk into my house. Cole, Tori, and Conner sit on my couch. They turn and look at me as i walk in.

"Took a while." Tori mumbles.

"Why are we here?" Cole asks. Good question. I was wondering the same thing.

"Because the fact that you are extremely awkward around each other is not okay." Drew says. "Tori, you are up first." Tori groans and follows me to my room.

I plop down onto my bed and she closes the door behind her and sits on the other end of my bed.

Well this is awkward.
There is this tension between us. It's the first time we have had a awkward tension between us. I don't want to break the silence but I do at the same time.

You feel?

"I'm sorry." She says bluntly. "I shouldn't have said that you spent too much time with Cole. You didn't, actually. We spent that whole weekend together and we pretty much ignored Cole for 2 days." She laughs to herself. "I truly am sorry. I was being a bitch and I shouldn't have let something so small, like a guy, come between us."

I give her a small smile and she opens her arms for a hug. I embrace it and she squeezes me tight as I sigh. 

"You could've just told me and I would've backed away from Cole and spent time with you." I say with a smile.

"I know. I was stupid and selfish. I should've just told you." She smiles back.

"Thank you, Tori."

"And I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me most. I let a tiny argument come between us and I should have stuck by your side. Thank you for giving me a second chance."

She walks out of my room and Cole walks in a few minutes later.

"You two look good together." He says as he sits on my desk chair.

"Thanks."

"I'm sorry that I was a jackass. Drew was your friend and supported you. I guess I was just jealous."

"I get it. And I'm sorry I didn't realize that I spent so much time with him." He gets up and hugs me before leaving. Eventually, Connor comes in and sits down next to me.

"Hey."

"Hey." I say back.

Awkward tension. It is cringe worthy.

"I don't have much to say." He laughs. "I should've heard your side of the story before siding with Tori."

"No, it's ok. She's your twin. And I feel like we have grown apart and I'm sorry. That's all my fault." I say with a reassuring smile.

We both walk out of my room and walk into the living room. I hold my arms out for a big group hug. We stay in a giant hug for a minute or two and finally let go.

"Oh my god." Tori announces. "We are graduating in a week." Her jaw drops to the floor and I laugh.

"You didn't know that?" I ask.

"Time went by so fast!" She gasps and grabs my hand. "We need a dress for the graduation after-party!" We rush out the door and she pushes me into her car.

She starts driving, listing stores to look at. It's nice to have my best friend back.

~*~

"Ew. Yellow does not look good on me. And it never will." I say as she shows me a bright yellow sundress. "I'm going to look like a lemon. Hate to break it to you, but I'm not going to look like Beyoncé's sister at the Met Gala." Tori laughs and rummages through another rack.

"How about this one?" She holds up a light blue dress with pink ombre at the bottom.

"I don't look good in bright colors." I reply. "But I do like the ombre."

The last dress she picks is dark blue at the top with an ombre of blue, red, and orange at the bottom. It looks like a sunset. Did I mention that it's a high-low?

"It's perfect!" I say. A grin spreads across her face and we set it aside. "Now, your turn."

I look through the racks, looking for the perfect dress.

I find a dark purple dress with a silver belt. Something about it screams Tori.

I hold it up to her and her jaw drops. "It's perfect. So simple yet so... me!" She jumps up and down and grabs our dresses before rushing to the checkout counter. We walk out of the store and into the mall. We see Connor, Drew, Luke, and Cole approaching us. They must've picked up Luke before coming to the mall.

"What are you guys doing for the summer? I can't believe we haven't talked about this." Tori says.

"I'm going to India to visit my grandmother. I'm going alone this year." I say.

"Alone?" Connor asks. It's always up to him to be the protective brother.

"Ya. My mom hatesher mother-in-law and she doesn't want to see my dad. She might go visit her mom when I'm in college."

"Oh." He says. "Well, Tori and I are not going anywhere, so if you are throwing any parties, we will be there." Connor says to Drew.

Drew laughs. "There will probably be a lot of parties, so count on it." He winks.

"Count me in." Luke says. I look at him in surprise. "I'm going to miss your parties." He says. Leave it up to Luke to be sentimental.

"What about you, Cole?" I ask.

"Same as Luke."

"And Drew?" I ask.

"I'll be the ones throwing the parties." He smirks. "When are you leaving?" He asks me.

"Five days after graduation. And I'll be gone for 2 weeks." I say.

We walk to the food court and order dinner.

We're back bitches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

Vote and Comment! :)

Luv ya!
~ Ish ❤