Chapter 14

My birthday. Let's get this overwith. I know I'm going to hear, 'It's your birthday today? Oh my god! Happy birthday!' So annoying. Or, 'I thought tomorrow was your birthday!' Nope. It's today. I'm pretty sure I know when my birthday is...

This year, my birthday's on a Monday.... How suckish is that?

Cole forgave me because I did absolutely NOTHING wrong... but he's still a little mad at Drew.

"You didn't have to go through with it!" Cole says to Drew. I let Drew sit in the front seat next to Cole. Connor, Tori, and I are in the backseat, amused with the show they're providing us.

"I didn't exactly have a choice!" He answers.

I but in. "Just tell your mom so that no one can use that against you!"

"Why would I do that?"

"I just told you why." I say in a duh-tone.

"Fine. But you're going to be there with me."

"Fine. I want to see her reaction anyways." I smirk

The conversation goes on as we drive to school. Connor, Tori, and Drew didn't want to drive, so they squished in Cole's car. And God knows where Luke is. The last time I saw him was at Poker on Friday. He just disappeared into thin air.

I was right. Nobody knew it was my birthday. I don't care. I don't know their birthday so I don't expect them to know mine. I'm 17. Next year I'll be 18. Wow. Next year I'll be in college. That's scary to think about.

"Oh, by the way, Happy Birthday." Cole says to me as I close my locker door. He kisses me on the cheek and I smile.

"Oh yeah. Happy Birthday." Drew says.

I laugh. "Thanks for remembering." I say sarcastically.

~*~

"So. Halloween." Cole says. I groan.

"Halloween is at the end of the month! It's not even the beginning of the month!" I say and throw my hands in the air.

"Then when should I ask you what you'll be for Halloween?" Cole asks.

"A few hours before trick or treating. Actually, the hour before."

"You still go trick or treating?" Drew asks.

"Ya." I say in a duh-tone. "Free candy. What's better than that?"

"Trick or treating is childish." Drew says.

"Thanks, but I'm a child at heart. Plus, I usually go with my 7-year old neighbor so I don't look like a complete idiot."

"How about a party instead?" Connor suggests.

"Ya! Our house! Our parents wont be home, so we can have a big Halloween party!" Tori adds.

"Or we can just hang out on Halloween... Just the 6 of us." A voice says behind us. I turn around and hug the figure. A grin spreads across Luke's face.

"Where have you been? A heads up saying that you would be MIA would've been nice!" I say with sass. He chuckles.

"I tracked down Stephanie." he says to Drew and Cole. Their eyes widen.

"Who's Stephanie?" Tori asks.

"His ex. She moved freshman year. Across the country." Drew says.

"What do you mean you tracked her down?" I ask.

"I arrived on her doorstep and we talked for a while." Luke says.

"That's not creepy." I say sarcastically.