"The fall of the Berlin Wall."

"1989" Stefan replied. "I'm good with dates sir." He added.

"Are you? How good?" he asked with a smirk forming on his face.

Oh! That was Tanner's I'm going to kick your ass look. Stefan you have better be something above excellent at dates. He mentioned some historical facts and Stefan answered correctly.

"Korean War."

"1950 and 1953"

"Ha! It ended in '52."

"Actually, sir, it was '53." Stefan seemed very sure. I hoped he was right. Tanner turned around to face Stefan with a how you dare doubt me look. Or at least seemed so.

"Look it up, somebody! Quickly!" he ordered. Jake was the first to find the answer.

"It was 1953." Tanner was speechless.
5 million points to Stefan. The whole classroom applaud him. I was the first to clap. Tanner surely noticed that. He gave a... proud, somebody would say, look at Stefan.The bell rang.

"You are free to live." I stood up, took my belongings and headed to the door. "Not you Ms. Gold."

Shit! I looked at Bonnie who was waiting for me at the door. Go, I formed the word with my mouth, before turn around to face Tanner.

"There is a particular purpose you needed to see me, Mr. Tanner?" I said in the most politely way, I could.

"Well, I wanted to have a talk with you, before talking with your grandmother."

"Have I done something bad that you need to see my grandmother?"

"I'll be straight Ms. Gold. You are one of the best students I have ever had. You're fair-minded and you constantly try to find the root cause of everything. Mr. Green also speaks very highly of you, as well as, all the other teachers. The problem with you, as far as I'm concerned, is that you don't participate in the lesson. Why are you doing that? At tests you are always excellent. I want to know what's wrong." I sighed.

"It would be better not to discuss this."

"And why that?"

"It would be better trust me."

"Sorry, Ms. Gold, but I want to know."

"Can you handle the truth?" I asked him sarcastically.

"Yes. Go on."

"Ok, I'll be straight as well. I'm not very fond of history, although I have no difficulty in remembering dates and facts. The problem is that I don't like you."

"Pardon me?"

"Sorry, sir, but this is the truth. You are behaving so arrogantly that it hits my nerves. You act like you know everything and always look down on us. Teacher's duty is to help his student see the truth, regardless the lesson. Not to judge them or make them seem like idiots. Well, probably, I'll be in detention after that, but sorry that's my opinion." His jaw had hit the ground and that made me really happy. I wouldn't be happy for long, I was sure of that.

"Cassie.."

Wait! Did I hear him calling me with my first name? He saw my expression, which definitely showed astonishment.

"You know my first name?" I asked looking at him wide-eyed.

"Yes, Cassie, I know your first name. I'll be honest. I'm surprised. And shocked. Nobody had ever the courage to talk to me like that, all these years I'm teacher."