24. Hurting

//Justin Bieber\\

Lyanna was fixing up our guest bedroom, I handed her a duvet cover as she sat down on the bed letting out a huff. I knew she was thinking about her relationship with Carson...how bad he hurt her and that no matter how bad it was she forgave him. Yes, sometimes I think 'why didn't she leave sooner?' or 'why didn't she just stand up to him?' But, If you've never been an experience such as that you wouldn't know what to do...

"I can't believe it, to think that could have been me if I stayed" Lyanna shook her head and biting her lip as she began to let her mind wander. "Lyanna" I cupped her cheeks in my hands and pressing a kiss on her forehead, "please don't over think it. You're okay Lyanna" I watched as she touched her jaw.

"It will never go away Justin" she held my hand then moving to feel her stitches underneath her chin. "It will never go away, he hurt you. He will leave scars and you can let it continuously hurt you. Lyanna, i'm here for you and it's going to take a lot to try and muster up the courage to show that strong figure. I'm so proud of you. You didn't let him define you in any way and you still lived your life. You let me in to it all and we fell in love and had kids and got married" I brought her left hand up to my lips and pressing a kiss against her wedding band as she cupped my cheek.

"I am so thankful for you everyday" she pulled me in for a hug tightly. "I'd never do that to you Ly. Never" I kissed her temple as she took in a deep breath. I would never...never lay a hand on her. She was everything to me and to ever see her walk out the door would be my death.

"I know you wouldn't" she ran her hand through my hair and looking into my eyes, a smile on her lips as I stayed silent. "You are too kind to do something like that. You're like Ferdinand the bull, you seem tough to people but you're the sweetest man I know" Lyanna leaned in pressing a kiss against my lip as she pulled away, her forehead against mine.

"I love you for fixing me up and showing me that not all men can be so horrible" Lyanna pressed another kiss against my lips, one kiss after the other. We were getting sunk into it and before you knew it we were beginning to undress each other.

"Wait-" I pulled away Lyanna and I out of breath as we looked down at my shirt and slowly buttoning them up once more. "Sorry" Lyanna ran a hand through her hair and letting out a breath.

"Uhm-I'm gonna go feed the...dog?" I said in a questionable way as I stood up seeing Esther sitting on the bed looking at me. "Come Esther" I patted my leg as she followed.

"Daddy!" Mason shouted with his back pack still on and my dad standing in the hallway as I picked up Mason adjusting his beanie. "How was school buddy?" I brought him to the kitchen and set him on the counter.

"Good" he looked at the cupcakes on a plate beside him as he pointed to it and a cheeky smile on his lips. I picked one up and halfing with him...believe me if I gave him the full thing we would be having to deal with a sugar high Mason.

"Thanks" Mason took a bite of his cupcake and keeping himself occupied. I fed Esther as I promised, her tail wagged. "Can Esther play outside?" Mason spoke with his mouth full as I grabbed a wipe and wiping the frosting off his cheeks.

"Yeah, but you have to wait a bit, you both just ate. You can both watch spongebob first" I packed the kibble away and then helped Mason down from the counter and taking his bag off.

"Was he a hassle to pick up dad?" I threw the wipes into the bin, internally celebrating since I had thrown it in from a far distance. "well, he wasn't eager to come home. He's quite popular with the girls." My dad chuckled and patted me on the back, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge and taking a seat on the bar stools. "Of course he is" I sighed and looked into the living room and Mason watching over Penelope as she slept in her swing.