✧ Good evening Master, and welcome to Maidreamin! || Akaashi Keiji

ORIGINALLY UPLOADED: June 15, 2016
NEW TIME OF UPLOAD: April 30, 2018 (03.17AM)
EDITING TIME: April 29, 2018 (10.04PM) – April 30, 2018 (01.33AM)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Saturday mornings – oh, how Akaashi enjoyed them.

You didn't need to be a close friend of his to see how he always seemed to wear a subtle smile on his lips, regardless of the weather or his aching muscles after yet another intense practice. He seemed more lively, more forgiving, and – especially towards Bokuto – more tolerant. Saturdays were good days for him.

A good day for Akaashi meant a good day for the team. His tosses were a little cleaner, his movements were a little faster, and the team felt a little more comfortable requesting new things. As well as boosting the team's morale, he seemed to be taking his role as a vice-captain more serious too. When Wataru approached him for a piece of advice he was more than willing to help out, deeming successful. It wasn't long before other friends came to him too, and in the process of assisting them, Akaashi grew closer to them.

That was why, when the volleyball team started inviting him out for lunch after the Saturday practice, they were confused when he refused. He gave them a different excuse every time they asked, and as much as they respected his decision, they were a little sad about it too. Additionally, it made them curious – what could their precious setter possibly be doing that was more fun than going out for lunch?

Wanting an answer to their question, they decided to cancel their midday meal for a week. It had of course been Bokuto's idea – out of everyone, he was the closest to Akaashi.

Wordlessly they followed their friend, enjoying their little stroll but holding their breath every time he stopped just a little longer than he had the time before. If Akaashi would catch them spying on him, surely all the earned progress would have been for nothing.

Akaashi adjusted the bag resting over his shoulder, silently eyeing the glass doors in front of him. He had seen them – heck, walked through them – countless times before. Then why was he suddenly so nervous? He took a deep breath, poised his hand over the handles, then recollected himself and pushed the door open. As soon as he entered, the bell above his head chimed to signify his presence.

{F/N}, who had been actively cleaning a table, peeked her head up towards the sound. She quickly returned to the kitchen to drop off her rag, fixed the bow on her apron and then approached the male, a smile on her face. "Good evening Master, and welcome to Maidreamin! How could I serve you today?" She bowed elegantly.

Akaashi smiled in return. Would it be too much if he told her he only visited for her? Mentioning his craving for something sweet, {F/N} hummed and led him to an empty table. "I'm glad you've chosen our café to satisfy your needs, Master!" She smoothed out the wrinkled tablecloth and lit a candle, still smiling. "I was starting to worry that I wouldn't see you this week. Busy day?" She then bit her tongue, hoping she didn't come across as nosy. His day was none of her business, after all.

Akaashi simply nodded. "Bokuto-san was very lively today. I had to run him past the school nurse because he got overexcited and sprained his ankle."

"Ah, Bokuto-san. That's right, you've told me about him before. Is he okay now?"

"I saw him walking around earlier, so I'm sure he is doing fine."

"I'm glad."

{F/N} had parted her lips to say more, but a whistle made her purse them back together. She already knew who it was and why – her boss caught her chatting for too long. Excusing herself, she took her notepad from the back of her apron and pressed her pen to the paper. "But without further ado, could I take your order?" She nervously scratched the back of her neck after she wrote down what he wanted, another smile on her lips. "So, the same as usual?"