"Well Brandy you're gonna busy with your new internship, Julie's only part time, for when you're gone."

"Okay we'll I'll see you and grandpa in about 50 hours."

"Goodbye, good luck! Kick some ass."

"Thanks for the encouragement but I think it's better not to kick any ass, at least not at the hospital. Maybe fix some ass! Bye!" I said, kissing her cheek and then running out the door.

"Ah shit, I'll probably be late."

I quickly hurried into my truck. Yes I drive a truck, that doesn't make some hick, okay?

I digged through my bag looking for my keys. I turned my whole purse inside-out looking for them. I gave up looking for them after a few minutes of searching and decided to resort to the spare keys in the house. I quickly ran inside and grabbed them. I ran back to the truck and started it, luckily it started. I was worried my morning would turn out like one of those cliche movies where the car doesn't start.

After about 15 minutes of driving around downtown Seattle, I finally found the hospital. Seattle Grace. Not as cool as the Mayo back home in Minneapolis but I heard it was still a good hospital. It was a little after 7:00.

"Great, I'm late. I just made a fucking rhyme! Ha! That's cool!"

I snapped myself back into what I was supposed to be doing, not acting like a seven year old, which isn't a rare event for me.

I rushed into the hospital, hoping not to be late.

After searching a bit and asking a few nurses, I finally found where I was supposed to be, I tried to quietly sneak into the flooded OR. A few people gave me looks as I shuffled in.

I looked around the OR, it had been way different than I expected it to be. Everything felt so surreal. The day I had been waiting for, I went through all those years of school for this and it had finally come.

A man was talking, who I realized must be Dr.Webber, who was the chief of surgery.

"Each of you comes today hopeful, wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors."

Another woman with dirty blonde hair and greenish blue eyes came in.

"Good I'm not the only one," I thought to myself, relieved.

I tuned back into Dr.Webber.

"Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play, that's up to you."

※ ※ ※

Hey pals!  I just wanted to take a short minute and thank you for seeing my story and deciding to read it. I know it's a little short but I just needed a little something to get the story started. I've written a couple other parts of "fanfictions" or "AUs" (I prefer AU TBH), but they never made it to being published, so if you're reading this I guess it means it's my first published Wattpad book! That's exciting! Right? Well maybe not, but we'll roll with it. I hope you continue to enjoy this book as it continues on it's journey, and I hope I get to know you guys and maybe make some friends! So enough with all this gooey, annoying, author's note shit, continue reading, or whatever you're doing and sorry for interrupting you and if for some miraculous reason you're still reading this, well first good job on sticking with me and not moving onto another book after the first page, and second maybe you should get a life, nah just kidding. I'll stop blabbering now and let you get on with your life. Sorry for these few minutes you'll never get back.
- runninginfear

PS - still deciding on what name I'm gonna go by so I'm just gonna stick with my username for now. I have to go pee now so I'm gonna stop here and let you enjoy my beautiful background/lock screen of my phone.