The Years Go By (Rated R)

(3 Years Later)

Time has gone by so fast. I am now 22 and I am living a great life with the people I love. The day we left the facility, we landed in a place called California. It has so many palm trees and beaches. It is so beautiful here. I literally begged Hayes to stay. Everyone has adapted and everyone has been blending in perfectly. Our housing complexes are along an ocean shore.

Everything here is just beautiful. I'm living life to the fullest. As of now, Chris just turned 24 and he has a job. He works with cars and makes a real nice amount of money. He has his own auto-body shop in the middle of downtown. He's been saving up a lot, so he bought me a car and a car for himself. We had to learn how to drive of course.

I'm a professional photographer. I take pictures and I draw them... they are good enough for me to sell them. My work gets shown in art galas and shows. Chris gave me the idea because he remembered seeing drawings and art in my room back at the Oak. Sometimes we even draw together because he is great with graffiti.

Ana is now a model that works here in California. The crew and I normally go to every fashion show to support of course. I take photos of the show for the people that organize it. They also pay me big money. It's so amazing!

Waittttt a minute... I almost forgot about my little man! We had a baby boy and his name is Jace. Chris remembered the agreement that we made some years ago. If we had a boy, I could name him. If we had a girl, Chris gets to choose the name. Of course, I won. So here Jace is. He just turned two and he is so smart at a young age.

Justin, Khalil, and X work with Chris at the shop. They all make nice money and have luxurious cars. They normally drool over every girl that walks into the shop. I've seen it myself.

Quincy went back to the medical department. He is now working to be a certified Doctor. He's grown on us and is really an important person in the family.

My mom and dad are still living well. I feel like my dad and Chris have to make a competition out of everything. It gets to be so annoying. But, Hayes and Mama Joyce are living well also. We are actually supposed to have a big family dinner at Mama Joyce's house in two days. I can't wait for all that good food we're gonna get!

It's 7:27pm and I asked Chris to take me and Jace to Starbucks. So, here we are. Chris is sitting at the table talking to Jace about something. It's funny how Jace thinks he can have a real conversation with Chris. It's so adorable... Sorry, Hold on a second so I can order.

"Hey and how are you today?" The cashier asked as I prepared to pull my money out. I had to get Chris out of the habit of paying for me all the time. I wanted to use some of my money.

"I'm fine thanks for asking. How about you?" I asked looking up at the guy. He was cute... I will admit. But, I'm fine and too comfortable with my life to mess anything up.

"I know you are... I'm Tremaine by the way. But, what would you like to order?" He said while flashing a gorgeous smile.

"Umm thanks and I'll have the two Passion Fruit Iced Tea Lemonades... Can you add sweetener to both please?"

"Sure thing... What sizes?"

"A Vente and a tall."

"Your total is $5.97." He said while I passed him $6.00.

"Keep the change." I said while he handed me a receipt.

"Thanks ma... And nice to meet you..........umm"

"It's Jay. My name is Jay." I said chuckling.

"Alright Jay, have a good one." He said handing me my drinks.